Welcome to our new Citrix community!

WEM Group Policy setting with setting HKLM entry

Question

Hi, I have added a setting in our WEM Cloud console to set a registry value for HKLM\Software......Using GroupPolicy Settings option under Actions.

From what I understand, the "Registry Entries" only supports HKCU so that wont work.

I have created the setting and ticked the " Enable Group Policy Settings Processing", as this is a HKLM registry setting I wont use the Filter/Conditions/Assignment tabs or?

I have set the correct values, but it it is not getting applied....

Anyone has done this before and can shed some more info?

Br

Uffe

1 answer to this question

• Actions > Group Policy Settings supports both HKLM and HKCU. It means group policy settings that have equivalent HKLM or HKCU registry entries available will be processed. For example, Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\App-V\CEIP\Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program has an equivalent HKLM\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\Microsoft\AppV\CEIP (Value: CEIPEnable, Type: REG_DWORD, Data: 0 or 1) available. So, if you import a group policy in WEM with "Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program" setting enabled or disabled, WEM will show its HKLM counter part. Also, this doesn't mean that you can manually add GPP HKLM registry entries in to WEM gpo list. Hope this answers your filtering question as well.
  • Actions > Registry Entries only supports HKCU.