Upgrade from sdx 11515 to 15000z with pool licensing with no downtime?

17 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

SDXs don't pair. VPXs pair.

The VPX on SDX 15000 has different interfaces than the VPX on 11515. That might make it difficult to pair them.

Here's a different method. https://www.carlstalhood.com/migrate-citrix-adc-config-to-new-adc-appliances/

How brief would you say the outage is to this method?

Thnx

3 minutes ago, Dmitriy Subbotin1709159389 said:

Did you have any issues with VPX HA paring between different SDX platforms?

nope, works fine, of course HA itself will be unavailable while you detach one node and attach a new node, but thats only a brief moment, there will be no downtime in service.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Carl Behrent said:

Yes, required new NSIPs

what about if the interfaces are shutdown for the second SDX with secondary VPXs?  So there will be no HA for a bit, and then bring up new SDX and VPX with the same NSIPs as the old.  And if there are any pairing issues then new box can be brought offline with interfaces shutdown from switch side and bring the old box back.

1 minute ago, Dmitriy Subbotin1709159389 said:

what about if the interfaces are shutdown for the second SDX with secondary VPXs?  So there will be no HA for a bit, and then bring up new SDX and VPX with the same NSIPs as the old.  And if there are any pairing issues then new box can be brought offline with interfaces shutdown from switch side and bring the old box back.

That may work, I did it the way we did so it wouldnt mess up routing and arp tables.

If we had any issues we could just roll back by doing HA between the old devices again.

Just now, Dmitriy Subbotin1709159389 said:

got it.  did you have old appliances and new SDX firmware and VPX same code version? 

I upgraded the old SDXs to a newer version including the VPX's, then migrated the VPXs over.

SDX versions can be different from the old and new ones.

4 minutes ago, Carl Behrent said:

I upgraded the old SDXs to a newer version including the VPX's, then migrated the VPXs over.

SDX versions can be different from the old and new ones.

i will try to upgrade VPX to match new VPX version, I won't upgrade the old SDXs.  I will try to do this tomorrow, let see how it goes.

Thanks!