Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Provisioning Device (base image) fails boot up - stalls at Login to provisioning Services

Jamey Crider

Question

Base image will not boot to Maint or Production version.  Regular session host still boot fine.

Base Image was last booted and used for changes 3 months ago, successfully

STEPS LEADING UP TO THIS: 

After merging disk in provisioning studio a maintenance window was scheduled. 

All session host were powered down. 

vDsik Pool Device had no locks and zero connections 

Under Versions, old version now showed the red "X" for deletion

These were deleted via the console option, I  then checked both store locations to confirm the disk were gone. 

Refresh the console then created a "new" Maint."  version 

copy Maint disk to store 2 and confirmed replication 

Powered on the base image tied to that pool. 

I get the option for (1) Maint. or (2) production 

I make a selection and get "Login to Provisioning disk services..."     At this point 1 of 2 things happen: 

1. Just sits at this screen for a few minutes then returns to the selection menu. or.. 

2. Login request timed out.. 

I have tried deleting the Maint. version and recreating it ( but since it is happening on both the maint. and production option I did not think this would make a difference,  and it did not) 

I also have powered down one of the regular session host and then powered it back up and it boots to the production disk fine. 

It is only the base-image that will not boot 

IMAGES  show the sequence option 1 chosen,  after a coupe minutes returns to boot options, choose Maint. again and after a few minutes returns to Login Time out 

Capture2.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

2 answers to this question

This has been resolved:  Wanted to provide the solution instead of leaving it. 

What was NOT being seen during this process was a launch attempt screen  that displayed a windows Stop Error Code identifying a conflict with the IP the Base Image was assigned.  Following a few more attempted tries at booting the image the Windows Stop Error screen appeared the the error code (Duplicated ore IP Conflict) :  

Add to your notes:    Verify Possible IP Conflicts when checking failed boot device. 

This has been resolved:  Wanted to provide the solution instead of leaving it. 

What was NOT being seen during this process was a launch attempt screen  that displayed a windows Stop Error Code identifying a conflict with the IP the Base Image was assigned.  Following a few more attempted tries at booting the image the Windows Stop Error screen appeared the the error code (Duplicated ore IP Conflict) :  

Add to your notes:    Verify Possible IP Conflicts when checking failed boot device.