Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Sharefile file upload api not working for multiple files - Bad Request -100 - Business Critical

Vijayaragavan Seshadri

Question

Hi Kevin,

We are experiencing the same issue using https://{companyName}.sf-api.com/sf/v3/Items({folderId)/Upload.  Get back this response: ERROR: REJECTED with HTTP 200.  Uploaded a file with more details to https://citrix.sharefile.com/r-rd0583caccd304dabbbab85cf01fc22f1  just now.  This is business critical -- dead in the water at a peak time and customers unable to access any docs.  Help!

Edited by Roy Dixit
clarification
  • Like 1

Hi Vijayaragavan,

To help us investigate this, it would be great if you could open a support case and provide details on the full response provided. Ideally we can collect a network capture using the Fiddler application so we can have full insight in to the initial request and the response provided by our platform. 

Hi Kevin 

This issue not solved yet. It is the issue in API (not endpoint) and it is serious for us.

We have been using this API for the past 2 years and our clients are using this service to download the files from the portal.

The services are interrupted.  Kindly give priority and let us know at the earliest.

If you have direct phone or email, please let us know.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, Kevin Glenn said:

Hi Vijayaragavan,

To help us investigate this, it would be great if you could open a support case and provide details on the full response provided. Ideally we can collect a network capture using the Fiddler application so we can have full insight in to the initial request and the response provided by our platform. 

The case # is 81102583
Attached the code snippet with error message.  

It is critical and should be solved quickly.

Your speedy response is highly appreciated.

MicrosoftTeams-image (8) (1).png

We have been experiencing this issue from 3/23/22 as well.   Ticket #81106877

We've sent email attachments to the ticket with detail of our process as well as details of the error we are receiving.  We are authenticating and using those tokens to GET a url for upload to a folder id (multi-part/chunk upload).  Intermittently, we are receiving a particular url that returns a "file size does not match" error.  This url is consistently: sf-apiadapter-sharefile-usw.sharefile.com.  Other urls upload successfully.   We are re-running the uploads with the same code/same files with the url being the difference of succuss/failure.

Hello,

We are also facing same issue, can anyone please suggest resolutions?

We received below error while uploading files on ShareFile using an API.

{{  "errorMessage": "REJECTED",  "errorCode": -100,  "error": true}}

When we try multiple times, it succeed.

Earlier it was working fine, files were uploaded in first attempts. But from last few days, we received error like this and we have to try multiple attempts.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all very much for bringing this to our attention. As mentioned in my previous comment it would be very helpful to capture the network traffic so we  can see the full request being made and the full response being returned. If any one is able to reproduce the issue to collect this information that would be very much appreciated. I've included step by step instructions to capture the information below.

1) Download and install Fiddler: https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler

2) Launch Fiddler

3) Navigate to 'Tools' -> 'Telerik Fiddler Options' -> 'HTTPS' tab

4) Check off 'Decrypt HTTPS traffic' and press OK

5) Reproduce issue

6) Save Fiddler trace by going to File -> Save -> All Sessions

7) Provide saved .SAZ file through your Support case or upload file here: https://citrix.sharefile.com/r-rd0583caccd304dabbbab85cf01fc22f1

I also request that everyone experiencing this concern open a Support case and have your Support technician reach out to me directly if they have any questions. You can also post your case numbers here.

Thank you all for your assistance in helping us investigate the concern.

We are seeing the same issue here.

I opened a case (81108831) and they told me to "Unfortunately, we (ShareFile frontline support) do not handle  ShareFile API questions. Therefore, if you need further assistance related to API calls, then you need to post your questions in our API Forum:  https://discussions.citrix.com/forum/1750-apis-and-sdks"

Hi Roy,

Thank you very much for providing those details. They were exactly what we needed to further investigate.

At this time we believe to have identified the root cause and are actively working to implement a fix. I will post in this thread again once changes have been made. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Williams1709163319 said:

HI Kevin, We're still seeing the same behavior: multiple upload failures with intermittent successes. I've just uploaded three log files which illustrate both success and failure cases. I've also included a README file which provides context.

- Dan Williams

Hi Dan,

Thanks for providing those details. It looks like you're seeing something a bit different as your response is regarding file size mismatch but something we'll want to further investigate. If you could please open a support case that would be very much appreciated. For this one, we'll definitely want to capture the network traffic using Fiddler so we can see the full request and response details. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Glenn said:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for providing those details. It looks like you're seeing something a bit different as your response is regarding file size mismatch but something we'll want to further investigate. If you could please open a support case that would be very much appreciated. For this one, we'll definitely want to capture the network traffic using Fiddler so we can see the full request and response details. 

Hi Kevin, We do have a support case open; ticket#81106877 was opened by my colleague, Tracy Pendergst, who has also posted in this discussion. We have added debug messages to our code in a test environment so that the access_token and UserAgent request response (ChunkUri) are now clearly logged. It clearly shows that we receive a ChunkUri for host sf-apiadapter-sharefile-usw.sharefile.com in the failure cases and ChunkUri for host storage-usw-123.sharefile.com when it succeeds. I've uploaded a sample log file  with both failure and success cases (Potomac_FTP_fuel_blend_daily_20220331_rt_20220330_15_04.log) to your ShareFile account for you to review. I also uploaded some sample code (sharefile.code) extracted from the Perl packages we've been using successfully for a few years now.

- Dan

5 hours ago, Kevin Glenn said:

Hi Dan,

Hi Kevin Glenn,

Re: Support case number - 81102583

We found a random issue when tried to upload 50 files with 40kb size. Sometimes all gets uploaded and sometimes 1 to 5 files are failing randomly. If I try 50 files 5 times, atleast 3 times I get file upload error.

We uploaded Fiddler session file (ShareFile_Fiddler_Sessions_03302022.saz) in the link you shared. For more details please find below.

99% times we get below ChunkURI and most of the times error happens in this one

https://sf-apiadapter-sharefile-hipaa.sharefile.com

Failure response is 

Response : {"errorMessage":"System error occurred","errorCode":-2,"error":true}
Success response is 

Response : {"value":[{"uploadid":"418a1eb9-22f1-4d0f-8ece-5470feb23360","parentid":"fo56f99c-3e45-4d4b-a4fd-c01421130950","streamid":"st477557-648a-45ca-bd15-f8901ce11c9f","id":"fi950a45-8f6e-80a3-1a00-98bb523674c1","filename":"sample39.pdf","displayname":"sample39.pdf","size":40960,"md5":"ab893875d697a3145af5eed5309bee26"}],"error":false}

1% times we get below ChunkURI - Randomly - But this always succeeds

https://storage-hipaa-162.sharefile.com/

Success response is 

Response : {"error":false,"value":[{"uploadid":"1fb918d8-fa15-4a2d-af61-137d02180993","parentid":"fo56f99c-3e45-4d4b-a4fd-c01421130950","id":"fi1ca2c0-719c-59c8-d68a-e762582a2928","streamid":"stbc7549-4957-4dea-9b88-6795cc7f1dce","filename":"sample38.pdf","displayname":"sample38.pdf","size":40960,"md5":"ab893875d697a3145af5eed5309bee26"}]}

New variable I found from the above response which is not present in the above ChunkURI. That is "error".

This issue is Business critical to us, it will be helpful if you can provide some immediate fix for this.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Senthil

@Daniel Williams - Thank you for providing the additional information. Unfortunately we are going to need a Fiddler trace that captures the network traffic (with HTTPS decrypted) so we can identify a root cause. Otherwise we won't be able to identify a solution. As soon as we have that collected and verified we can opt your account out of the update and get you back in working order.

@Senthilkumar Natarajan - Thank you for providing the network capture. We have opted your account out of the update until we can identify the root cause and implement a fix. You should no longer be seeing the apiadapter request URLs for the time being. Future updates will be handled through your support case, SR#81102583.