Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Remote PC Session Limit reached

John Francis1709163149

Question

We have 25 licenses for now in a test environment. A user is connecting to Remote PC (VDA 2112) and is getting kicked out and looking at the Director Monitor it says session limit reached. 

1. How is the licensing for these? Does Remote PC take one full license? 

2. We have only 7 users with Remote PC and couple of more users accessing the VDI but we still have enough licenses

Why would it do this behavior? Also, just from last night I started getting 

"Connection Interrupted - Citrix Receiver will try to reconnect for 5 minutes

This never used to happen to me at all even though I am using wireless. 

Any ideas guys. I saw some registry settings and hopefully we could apply that and get it resolved using this. Any other thoughts or Policy that can be applied. The are regular desktops with VDA installed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\PortICA\RemotePC

RpcaMode (dword):

1 = The remote user will always win if he does not respond to the messaging UI in the specified timeout period.

2 = The local user will always win. If this setting is not specified, the remote user will always win by default.

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Arnaud Pain said:

John,

I would suggest you to try with on older VDA on the RemotePC, you can just test with 1 one them, just to ensure issue is not a Bug with this release.

You can find details on Reg Keys here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/install-configure/remote-pc-access.html

Thanks

Arnaud

We have around 7 PCs already that have this VDA installed. I can try as you suggested and see that helps.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, John Francis1709163149 said:

We have 25 licenses for now in a test environment. A user is connecting to Remote PC (VDA 2112) and is getting kicked out and looking at the Director Monitor it says session limit reached. 

1. How is the licensing for these? Does Remote PC take one full license? 

2. We have only 7 users with Remote PC and couple of more users accessing the VDI but we still have enough licenses

Why would it do this behavior? Also, just from last night I started getting 

"Connection Interrupted - Citrix Receiver will try to reconnect for 5 minutes

This never used to happen to me at all even though I am using wireless. 

Any ideas guys. I saw some registry settings and hopefully we could apply that and get it resolved using this. Any other thoughts or Policy that can be applied. The are regular desktops with VDA installed.

RpcaMode (dword):

1 = The remote user will always win if he does not respond to the messaging UI in the specified timeout period.

2 = The local user will always win. If this setting is not specified, the remote user will always win by default.

Hi John,

Remote PC sessions consume licenses in the same way as other Citrix sessions.

Do you have only 1 user access for each Remote PC VDA?

If not, when a user try  to connect, can you check if you already have a user connected to this Remote PC.

Also, by default, a remote user's session is automatically disconnected when a local user initiates a session on the computer, you can change this with a reg key.

For the connection interruption it's usually due to network interruption.

Do you have monitoring in place on your network to check that?

Thanks

Arnaud

2 hours ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Hi John,

If not, when a user try  to connect, can you check if you already have a user connected to this Remote PC.

Also, by default, a remote user's session is automatically disconnected when a local user initiates a session on the computer, you can change this with a reg key.

Thanks

Arnaud

Arnaud,

Yes, it is one user. But, when this problem started I tried to add myself to test it and I got the same issue, where it would log me in and log me out.

Thanks for the info. We installed VDA 2112 on a PC and the user was trying to get connected to that PC through Citrix Workspace and he is getting this.  The user logs in and then disconnects, logs in and it automatically disconnects. So, I am not sure what is going on. We have not had any issues when I installed Remote PC on other computers. Also, why would Remote PC use a license since during day time we are connected from the laptop/desktop at office, at this time it should not use the license right? Only if we connect remotely from our home PC or laptop to the REMOTE PC it should take up a license, but when you are physically logged in why would it take the license?

Can you send me the registry key settings?

I found this and we tried adding this

RpcaMode (dword):

image.thumb.png.948781d42a0444de01fe72bea50beaa0.png

2 hours ago, Arnaud Pain said:

Hi John,

Thanks

Arnaud

Arnaud,

Thanks for the info. We installed VDA 2112 on a PC and the user was trying to get connected to that PC through Citrix Workspace and he is getting this.  The user logs in and then disconnects, logs in and it automatically disconnects. So, I am not sure what is going on. We have not had any issues when I installed Remote PC on other computers. Also, why would Remote PC use a license since during day time we are connected from the laptop/desktop at office, at this time it should not use the license right? Only if we connect remotely from our home PC or laptop to the REMOTE PC it should take up a license, but when you are physically logged in why would it take the license?

RpcaMode (dword):

3 minutes ago, John Francis1709163149 said:

Arnaud,

RpcaMode (dword):

John,

I would suggest you to try with on older VDA on the RemotePC, you can just test with 1 one them, just to ensure issue is not a Bug with this release.

You can find details on Reg Keys here: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/install-configure/remote-pc-access.html

Thanks

Arnaud