Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Profile sync issues with Google Chrome after logoff and login

Siva Bhavanam

Question

Hi Team,

Issue: Chrome sync is not happening and need to turn on the sync everyday when users login

1.Profiles are configured in WEM console.

2.Tried to add below path in WEM --> Policies and Profiles --> Citrix Profile Management Settings --> Synchronization -->Enable file mirroring but no luck.

AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

3.Tried to enable the below registry path but no luck

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome

SyncDisabled DWORD

Please help me on this issue

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I have the same problem... the enviroment is Windows Server 2019 (I tried also in a Win server 2016 with the same results) and I'm using the Win server as a single desktop session.

I have configurated the Citrix platform by following this article: https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2018/04/18/running-google-chrome-on-citrix-xenapp-and-xendesktop/

After the configuration I have noticed two issues:

• The first issue is the described on the previous message, everytime the user opens a chrome browser he must enter his google account credentials because they are not stored
  • The second issue is that every time he logs into his google account, he is asked to activate the sync function, however the bookmarks, etc that he saves on the session are not really sync with his google cloud account. So he just has some kind of local sync...

This is incredibly anoying for the user as you can imagine.....

After several tests I think that the main problem is that if you configure any kind of roaming profile by configuring the ADMX chrome GPOs to store the profile.pb  file on a shared folder, the google account sync will always be stored localy and thus it will not sync with the google cloud.

But, how can we use the google cloud sync without worring about the local sync???

PLEASE HELP

Thanks in adavance!

• Like 1