Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 0

Issue with creating machine catalog after azure restructure


Patrick Loftheim

Question

Hi after a rename / restructure of Azure resource groups, we can no longer create machine catalogs.

First we had issues with an old network name, to fix this we had to re-add the host connection, now we are at least getting further, but stuck on this error(see attachment)

 

The account used is a local AD domain admin account which we have not touched or done any changes to.

 

Any suggestions?

 

 

Exception:
DesktopStudio_ErrorId : UnknownError
ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : Create Machine Catalog '#####'
3/11/2022 7:51:36 AM

Error Source : CitrixOrchestration

 

 

 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Link to comment

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
4 hours ago, Patrick Loftheim said:

Hi after a rename / restructure of Azure resource groups, we can no longer create machine catalogs.

First we had issues with an old network name, to fix this we had to re-add the host connection, now we are at least getting further, but stuck on this error(see attachment)

 

The account used is a local AD domain admin account which we have not touched or done any changes to.

 

Any suggestions?

 

 

Exception:
DesktopStudio_ErrorId : UnknownError
ErrorCategory : NotSpecified
DesktopStudio_PowerShellHistory : Create Machine Catalog '#####'
3/11/2022 7:51:36 AM

Error Source : CitrixOrchestration

 

 

 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

 

Hi Patrick,

 

Do you still have 2 hosting connection defined?

Did you test resource to validate everything looks good?

Did you try to create computer account in AD using same account and then select use existing computer account?

 

Thanks

Arnaud

Link to comment
  • 0
On 3/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, Arnaud Pain said:

 

Hi Patrick,

 

Do you still have 2 hosting connection defined?

Did you test resource to validate everything looks good?

Did you try to create computer account in AD using same account and then select use existing computer account?

 

Thanks

Arnaud

 

Hi Arnaud

 

I have only 1 host connection now.

If i create the object manually in AD and then use existing computer account i get further but then i run in to another issue, the citrix session gets stuck on connecting..

things looks good from verification as far as i can see. (tried both the machine catalog and delivery group)

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, Patrick Loftheim said:

 

Hi Arnaud

 

I have only 1 host connection now.

If i create the object manually in AD and then use existing computer account i get further but then i run in to another issue, the citrix session gets stuck on connecting..

things looks good from verification as far as i can see. (tried both the machine catalog and delivery group)

 

 

 

 

Patrick,

 

If you can create computer account locally and then use it with MCS, I would suggest you to review your connection settings (I mean the  user account used to create AD computer).

When you said the Citrix session get stuck on connecting, it's after publishing a Desktop on the Delivery Group?

Did you ever create a machine catalog with same image, publish and access desktop/apps from this image?

 

Thanks

Arnaud

Link to comment
  • 0
25 minutes ago, Arnaud Pain said:

 

Patrick,

 

If you can create computer account locally and then use it with MCS, I would suggest you to review your connection settings (I mean the  user account used to create AD computer).

When you said the Citrix session get stuck on connecting, it's after publishing a Desktop on the Delivery Group?

Did you ever create a machine catalog with same image, publish and access desktop/apps from this image?

 

Thanks

Arnaud

 

I have tried creating another admin account just for this purpose, same error... 

It gets stuck on connecting when i try to open the session from workspace.

 

I have tried re-creating several master-images without any improvement.

Yes everything did work before we changed the name of resource-group and network in Azure..

I am having a hard time seeing why these things should be affected in this way by that change.

 

image.thumb.png.40f7a147ce9561ad04efbbc887b2638b.png

 

 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Patrick Loftheim said:

 

I have tried creating another admin account just for this purpose, same error... 

It gets stuck on connecting when i try to open the session from workspace.

 

I have tried re-creating several master-images without any improvement.

Yes everything did work before we changed the name of resource-group and network in Azure..

I am having a hard time seeing why these things should be affected in this way by that change.

 

image.thumb.png.40f7a147ce9561ad04efbbc887b2638b.png

 

 

 

 

Patrick,

 

I would suggest you to use PoSH SDK to connect to Citrix Cloud and retrieve details from there.

You will have more details on your configuration, hosting, machine catalog and delivery group.

 

Thanks

Arnaud

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...