Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace for Linux 2112 & 2202 bad rendering

Mario Futire

Question

Starting from today, I cannot use any longer versions 2112 and 2202 when connecting to my employer via the Citrix Workspace app.

Not all remote machines are affected, but one shows this behaviour.

Screen is not drawn properly, but it is full of many black / white / grey blocks.

I am on ubuntu 21.10 both Wayland and X.

Up to 2111 works.

3 answers to this question

Which resource OS/VDA version are you using?

We have the same or similar problems with Citrix Workspace App Linux 21.12.0.18 on Igel ThinClients.

The screen doesn't draw properly, but it's full of lots of black/white/grey blocks and overlapping windows.

Did it really still work with the CWA Linux 20.10.0.6?

We had similar problems since we’ve upgraded to Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops 2203 LTSR and use Citrix Workspace App for Linux on IGEL Thin Clients and Workspace App for Mac. Citrix Workspace App for Windows wasn’t affected.

Sometimes appears color/contrast blocky issues on the Desktop. It is not known why.

We could solve the issue by changing the Citrix Policy “use video codec for compression” from “use when preferred” to “for the entire screen”.

Maybe this information helps someone.

Kind regards

Hi,
I have a problem with rendering windows.
I have Ubuntu 22.04.1 TLS, GNOME version 42.4, Windowing System X11. After logging in on the remote desktop, the windows are not rendering. They rendering incorrectly when scrolling the window. Version icaclient 22.11.0.19. When you move the mouse, the contents of the window are displayed. I am also attaching the logs.

logfile.txt Citrix_diag_aYHANH.txt

1.jpg

2.jpg