Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Best practices of updating App-V packages in Single Admin mode

Christian Trenk1709160551

Question

Hi there!

We're currently investigating the implementation of App-V packages. My experience with App-V is not really up-to-date, as we used that in the past with SCCM 2007 and Windows XP (!). But now there is a new requirement, where the usage of App-V could be a game changer!

So far I was able to create my App-V package, put it on a share, add it to Citrix Studio, add it to a Delivery Group and publish it to users. So far so good. The question is how to update the package? I see there possible options:

1. Open the package in App-V Sequencer, Edit and save it as a new version (Save option, same file name) to the share. Afterwards add the package again in Citrix Studio using the same package path/name.
    => In this case, the Version ID is increased and I don't need to add the App-V application again to the Delivery Group (for some reason the "used by" column is empty in this case, but the application start with the new version). How can I revert in this case to an older version of the package?
  2. Open the package in App-V Sequencer, Edit and save it as a new version (Save as option, different file name) to the share. Afterwards add the package in Citrix Studio using the new package path/name.
    => In this case, the Version ID is increased as well, but I have to add the application and add it to the Delivery Group again. Also it is requires to remove the old version of the application manually.
  3. Open the package in App-V Sequencer, Edit and save it as a new package (Save as New Package option, different file name) to the share. Afterwards add the package in Citrix Studio using the new package path/name.
    => In this case, the package has the new Package ID, but I also have to add the application and add it to the Delivery Group again. Also it is requires to remove the old version of the application manually.

Is that correct so far, or did I miss something? What are your experiences and best practices? We're on CVAD 1912 CU4.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Christian

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet