Welcome to our new Citrix community!

delivery controller db connection

kschle100

Question

4 answers to this question

There are many different possible factors that could cause this behaviour. Not the sort of thing we want to play a guessing game at on a forum if you know what I mean.

Your best option imho if you are not an experienced Citrix administrator is to open a support case with Citrix and go through a possibly lengthy troubleshooting process or alternatively to simply hire a experienced consultant to actively troubleshoot your particular problems because Storefront+Delivery controller has many different configuration options and dependencies and proper troubleshooting usually involves a continuous hands-on action-reaction process based on observed changes. Good luck !

• Like 2

Hi,

each delivery controller needs to communicate with the site database which is normal and that database could be on a different (SQL) server or placed locally on the delivery controller server itself as a SQL express instance.

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/technical-overview/databases.html

So depending on the chosen design I would say this can be perfectly 'normal'.

We have two delivery controllers and one sql database. The sql database is located on another server . We have only one site/store.

I am asking because we have two problems:

1. Apps won't open after click / the app opens deferred after some minutes
  2. User experincing vanished favourites in Citrix Workspace App and desktop links

I thought that the errors are connected to fact, that only one controller is connected to the configuration database.

This

27 minutes ago, Andy Vanderbeken said:

[..]Your best option imho if you are not an experienced Citrix administrator is to open a support case with Citrix and go through a possibly lengthy troubleshooting process or alternatively to simply hire a experienced consultant[..]

The experinced consulteant is maybe the best choice.