Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question with profiles appdata size

Frank Puma

Question

I am about to deploy the our new enviroment 1912 CU4.  I am using roaming profiles and notice that every users profile immediatley hits 100mb.  I followed the setup on Carl Stalhood site for roaming profiles.    I tried to do mandatory profiles but it wouldnt save any of the office settings.  So i am using roaming.

It seems that the file size comes from AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.  I am not sure what this directly is and if my users will need it.  We run everything through published app in our farm.

Anyone have any experience with this?  My goal is for the smallest roaming profile possible and fastest long times.

1 answer to this question

If I remember correctly, AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache and the AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\webachelock.dat file are required for proper roaming of browser cookies.

On the whole, total size of a profile in MB does not necessarily correlate directly to login times. Other factors to consider include:

• Number of files in the profile (A hundred thousand 1 KB files will kill you more than one 100 MB file)
  • If Profile Streaming is enabled
  • If Logon Exclusion Check enabled and whether is is ignoring, synchronizing, or deleting excluded files
  • Performance of and latency to the profile store

At the end of the day, you're going to need actual timing data to gauge login performance. I like to use both a monitoring tool like Director and a stopwatch.