Welcome to our new Citrix community!

ShareFile connection using Java Script

Brian Stensrud

Question

We have an existing enterprise app ( uses Java Script, React, Object Pascal).  I desperately need to make a connection to our Sharefile account using Java Script. 

I have tried the code from GitHub (https://github.com/citrix/ShareFile-Javascript) which purports to be the Java Script SDK.

Sadly, this is just a broken, incomplete example. The accompanying text is also not very clear, and there are required parameters that are not explained ( eg.  'grant_type', 'response_type', 'redirect_url' ). This code is about 6-7 years old, so I am not sure if it is even valid at this current time.

I really need some guidance in how to correctly make this connection via Java Script.  I do have our companies : ShareFileClientID, ShareFileClientSecret, ShareFileAuthEndpoint, ShareFilePassword, ShareFileApiBase.

I have attached an image which shows my 'best attempt' to get the application (from the Sharefile Java Script SDK ) to connect. After clicking the 'Connect' button I get no errors, but the result is just a JSON string (as the image shows) - I'm not sure if this is an indication that I'm close ? or not - totally confused at this point.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

b stensrud

ShareFileConnectionWithJavaScript.PNG

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet