Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Dell Poweredge T150 does not run Citrix Hypervisor!!

Aacutedison Aguiar Belo

Question

I provide IT services for a company that purchased the recent Poweredge T150 from Dell, the problem is that it does not install xenserver, I tried versions 7.2, 7.6, and 8.2, the behavior is the same for both, the process stops at boot , the server boots the installation media, but it doesn't advance, it doesn't show any errors, it just doesn't enter the xenserver installation!

any suggestion?

13 answers to this question

On 2/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, Alan Lantz said:

The T150 is not on the HCL. About the only thing you can do is go into BIOS and tinker with settings to try and get it operational.

It may just flat out not work with the hardware.

--Alan--

I have already touched everything in the bios, nothing works, this server is not really on the HCL, but as I installed xenserver on a t140 a few days ago, I thought there was not much difference between them, but apparently there is something in the hardware that is incompatible with xenserver , I think we'll have to wait for a new version of xenserver.

Thank you for your help!

On 2/5/2022 at 8:22 PM, Tobias Kreidl said:

Is the BIOS set to use the EUFI or BIOS boot option? That can make a big difference. Does the software installation package even show up on the console (you do have a working console, I assume)?

-=Tobias

This server only works in UEFI, there is no longer the legacy option, it may be that, it may be that the xenserver does not run on UEFI, I think that must be the problem!

Thanks for the answer.

That is very interesting.  Especially since I just pulled up the technical guide for the T150 from Dell

and its states that the PowerEdge T150 supports Citrix Hypervisor.  I would contact Dell and find

out what settings need to be made to make this install happen. Someone at Dell has done it.

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Product_Docs/en/dell-emc-poweredge-t150-spec-sheet.pdf

--Alan--

3 hours ago, Alan Lantz said:

That is very interesting.  Especially since I just pulled up the technical guide for the T150 from Dell

and its states that the PowerEdge T150 supports Citrix Hypervisor.  I would contact Dell and find

out what settings need to be made to make this install happen. Someone at Dell has done it.

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments/Product_Docs/en/dell-emc-poweredge-t150-spec-sheet.pdf

--Alan--

So Alan, I read the technical guide, I saw that there is citrix hypervisor in the list of compatible systems, I contacted Dell, I stayed in contact with support all day, they couldn't solve it, and they couldn't say either. what could be causing the behavior, they guided me to install VMware Esxi, I installed and it ran normally, but I have never worked with VMware, I will have to learn if it doesn't solve it, all the servers I manage are Xenserver, I prefer to try to solve it because I will have less problems in the future.

Edited by Ádison Aguiar Belo
lenguage error
2 hours ago, Tobias Kreidl said:

Adison,

Just one thought: Just because it's new doesn't mean it shipped with the latest firmware. Check if it's on the most current version and if not, update it to see if that might make a difference?

-=Tobias

Tobias, you were right, the bios and Idrac firmware were really out of date, I updated them but it still didn't solve the problem, the compromise continues, it's stuck on the boot screen!

thanks !

boot t150.JPG