Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Can I send mice and webcam input from Mac to remote virtual Windows PC via Citrix Viewer

Emre Ozlem

Question

Hi everyone,

What I am using: M1 Macbook Air with MacOS Monterey Version 12.1 (Up to date) and Citrix Workspace Version: 22.01.0.23 (2201) (Up to date)

What I am reaching to: My company’s remote virtual pc running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (Up to date)

Settings in Citrix Workspace in Mic & Webcam tab: “Use my microphone an webcam” ticked.

1375363649_ScreenShot2022-01-29at16_13_21.thumb.png.f00c2e1516762deb2835b2d89139a2ec.png

Settings in Citrix Workspace in USB tab: “When a session starts, connect devices automatically” and “When a new device is connected while a session is running, connect the device automatically” both are ticked.

1916729632_ScreenShot2022-01-29at16_13_33.thumb.png.b576f3c0072bc1e795a55d4324df55d6.png

My issue: Non of the Windows apps that need a microphone or webcam can see that I have a microphone and a webcam in my Macbook Air.

Do you guys have any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks

Best

Emre

2 answers to this question

This is not an answer to the question, but I am having a similar issue.

I just started using Citrix Viewer 2305 on MacOS (Monterey 12.6.5) to access a Virtual Desktop on Windows Server 2019.

Microsoft Teams has been configured to use the "Citrix HDX Audio" and "Citrix HDX Web Camera", but this is not working well at all. I am using my MacBook Pro 16 inch (2019) in clamshell mode (lid closed) and only the speakers work, my USB webcam and microphone are not working at all.

When using the laptop with the lid opened (which is far from ideal), both speakers and microphone work. However the webcam still does not (see Citrix_Viewer_Teams_devices.png)

Can anyone here suggest a solution please? I am astonished that this basic scenario does not appear to be covered by the Citrix Viewer today.

Citrix_Viewer_Teams_devices.png