Welcome to our new Citrix community!

IP Address Conflict on SNIP causing network failure.- hidden MAC Adresse on L0/1 Interface

Felix Alade

Dear all,

hast any one come across this issue before? I have HA ADC being provisioned on SDX, i have  network failure issue due to the IP Conflict of the SNIP despite the fact that the IP Address 1.1.1.6 is only used by SNIP on my network.

I shot down the second node, both nodes have the same NS Version 12.0 63.21 .There was no network issue again and it works fine but as soon as both ADC in HA mode then begins the network failure. 

On both HA mode there is Policy based routing konfigured even removing PBRS does not resolved the issue. The issue is on the L0/1 interface, i tried to reset the interface  but it pop up "operation not permitted". I reset interface statistic but to no avail

comand: nsconmsg -K /var/nslog/newnslog -d consmsg 

IP address conflict 1.1.1.6! sent from ethernet address: 16:d4:cd:cf:58:05 
current time is Mon Jan 24 23:59:57 2022
IP address conflict 1.1.1.6! sent from ethernet address: a6:b0:e3:6e:7f:cc (hidden on the interface)
IP address conflict 1.1.1.6! sent from ethernet address: 16:d4:cd:cf:58:05 (L0/1)
IP address conflict 1.1.1.6! sent from ethernet address: a6:b0:e3:6e:7f:cc
IP address conflict 1.1.1.6! sent from ethernet address: 16:d4:cd:cf:58:05

image.thumb.png.0213609b3522a107a14d953a4d53044a.png

Does any one has a tipp for me.

Thanks

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

I resolved this issue this way:

I  removed one of the nodes in HA mode afterward deleted the instance on the SDX. I provisioned a new ADC on SDX and added it to the HM mode. The VLANs, PBRs, interfaces and others configurations files  from the primary was syncronised to the the newly provisioned ADC which is my now secondary ADC. No IP Conflict again. It seems the IP Conflict was due to the syncronisation issue.