Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Why are these Outlook ost/search files appearing??

Tom Lyczko

Question

We presently have cached Exchange mode turned off within regular group policy for the Citrix servers. This is from the user policy for Office 20##:

image.thumb.png.ce25dd744b1ebf578f7ae1ccf00e4fd3.png

Since batch migrations to synchronize mailboxes with Exchange Online were begun earlier this month, computer/disk management looks like THIS within each Citrix server:

1977825422_editedostsearchdisks2022-01-25094034.thumb.png.0b040d1fb9cf7c8eb297c838bc2375ef.png

Can anyone please tell me about:

1. why and where this is happening??
  2. where these items are created and stored??

I myself don't know where these items are being created or stored, e.g. what folder they're in etc.

So far no ill effects upon users or Citrix servers or file server that I know of with regard to Outlook specifically.

However -- we have recently noticed our Citrix servers using all their max vCPU, could these files be the cause??

Thank you, Tom

5 answers to this question

OIC -- thank you...

So far as I know we don't have Enable search index roaming for Outlook turned on, I have looked in several places...

However, we have Search service turned OFF (disabled) in Services.

Also, we do not have "Profile Management 2112" that I know of, we only have 'Standard' XenApp.

Can any of this affect CPU usage within the XenApp servers??

I'm not getting any emails when people reply???????

Thank you, Tom

Hi,

The Office 365 features are also available with earlier versions of Citrix Profile Management, so it's not specific to 2112.

The OST file/VHDX file is saved in the same folder/share as the user profile.

And yes, if these features are enabled it can affect the CPU usage, depending on the amount of data the user is allowed to cached in their OST file/VHDX file

OIC -- thank you...

So far as I know we don't have Enable search index roaming for Outlook turned on, I looked in several places...

However, we have Search service turned OFF (disabled) in Services.

Also, we do not have "Profile Management 2112" that I know of, we only have 'Standard' XenApp.

Can any of this affect CPU usage within the XenApp servers??

I'm not getting any emails when people reply???????

Thank you, Tom