Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Update LTSR 1912 CU3 to CU4 - Storefront Update failing

Michel Naval

Question

I'm Updating to CU4 and have trouble updating the Storefront Server.
On the StoreFront Server, I stopped the Citrix Services and the WWW-Service.

Then I start the Update and it fails with this message:

There was an error adding user accounts in the Administrators local group to the CitrixStoreFrontAdministrators local group. See the log files described in the article 'Troubleshoot StoreFront' in the StoreFront product documentation. Try adding these user accounts manually, then reboot the server and re-run the installer.

In the logs, I've found that information:

[14.01.2022 06:30:02][2712][Information] AddMembersfromAnotherGroup: Attempting to add account:SVGHABA-CXSF-02\ to group:CitrixStoreFrontAdministrators
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Error] [AccountHelper::AddMembersfromAnotherGroup] Exception caught adding members of group: Administrators to group: CitrixStoreFrontAdministrators: 
Some or all identity references could not be translated.
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServices.Framework.Utilities.LocalGroupManager.IsMemberOfLocalGroup(String account, String groupName)
   at Citrix.DeliveryServices.Install.Trolley.Tasks.AccountHelper.AddMembersfromAnotherGroup(Engine engine)
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Information] AddMembersfromAnotherGroup:ends
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Information] Executing WorkflowItem Id[AddMembersfromAnotherGroup] Type[Citrix.Cxmi.Workflow.ExecuteTask] returned Completed
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Verbose] WorkflowSequnce Evaluating item #25 of 26- Id[], Type[Citrix.Cxmi.Workflow.SetPropertyTask]
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Information] Executing WorkflowItem Id[] Type[Citrix.Cxmi.Workflow.SetPropertyTask] returned Completed
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Verbose] Evaluation of condition [RetVal.AddMembersAdminsToCtxSFAdministrators]="-1" returned True
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Verbose] WorkflowSequnce Evaluating item #26 of 26- Id[], Type[Citrix.Cxmi.Workflow.MessageBoxTask]
[14.01.2022 06:30:03][2712][Verbose] Broadcasting Event: message_box
	Event Name: message_box
	Event Arguments: 
		Title : Citrix StoreFront Setup
		Message : There was an error adding user accounts in the Administrators local group to the CitrixStoreFrontAdministrators local group. See the log files described in the article 'Troubleshoot StoreFront' in the StoreFront product documentation. Try adding these user accounts manually, then reboot the server and re-run the installer.
		Type : OK
		Icon : Error
		DefaultResult : 

[14.01.2022 07:41:39][2712][Information] Executing WorkflowItem Id[] Type[Citrix.Cxmi.Workflow.MessageBoxTask] returned Completed

I have 2 Storefront Servers. SVGHABA-CXSF-01 and SVGHABA-CXSF-02. I was trying to update the second. But I tried to Update the first before and wasn't able too.

Could someone help me please?

1 answer to this question