Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Dual screen support on Chromebook?

Question

I'm testing a XenApp on a Chromebook (Lenovo 14e Chromebook Gen 2) and wondered if dual screen was supported? I mean, fullscreen across two screens, like in Windows. I'm using a USB dock and have extended screens setup on the Chromebook itself, but once I launch a Citrix session (with the Workspace app from the Play Store), I can only go fullscreen on one monitor. In Windows, I know to set the session in "Window" mode, drag the window into the middle of both screens and activate fullscreen there, but it doesn't seem to be the case on Chrome OS.

I have come across a Citrix article from April 2020 but I am not sure if this is referring to having published applications on each screen.

Does anybody know if fullscreen across two monitors is possible on a Chromebook? 

4 answers to this question

The screen shot you posted is the android version of Citrix Workspace.    You may need to uninstall the Citrix Workspace for Android on the Chromebook.  Then install the Chrome App in the link above.  When launched using the Chrome App it will have a half circle (like HTML5) that when you click on it will have multi-monitor option.    HTML5 and the Chrome App are very similar.

Citrix origionally was moving toward Android, but later stepped that back and recommends the Chrome App the last I heard.
https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2020/08/18/the-future-of-citrix-workspace-app-for-chrome/ 

• Like 1

Yes.  You can do full screen on dual monitors.  We have laptops and 2 monitors via USB-C so it technically will work across 3 monitors (laptop + 2 external monitors).    This is using the Chrome App (not sure if android app on chrome does multi-monitor).   If it doesn't open multi-monitor there's a button at the top with a expand to multi monitor you can click.

Below is link for the Chrome App

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/citrix-workspace/haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem?hl=en

Just note that the Chrome Apps end of life in June 2022...unless Google changes their mind.  After that I'm not sure what Citrix is planning.  Citrix and Google have a relationship, so maybe it will be a progressive app or something else.  

On 1/13/2022 at 11:58 PM, Brantley Larew said:

Yes.  You can do full screen on dual monitors.  We have laptops and 2 monitors via USB-C so it technically will work across 3 monitors (laptop + 2 external monitors).    This is using the Chrome App (not sure if android app on chrome does multi-monitor).   If it doesn't open multi-monitor there's a button at the top with a expand to multi monitor you can click.

Below is link for the Chrome App

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/citrix-workspace/haiffjcadagjlijoggckpgfnoeiflnem?hl=en

Just note that the Chrome Apps end of life in June 2022...unless Google changes their mind.  After that I'm not sure what Citrix is planning.  Citrix and Google have a relationship, so maybe it will be a progressive app or something else.  

Hi Brantley,

Here is what I see when Chrome calls the Citrix Workspace App from the Google Play Store:

image.thumb.png.e82447e170bf381c0ff1f13f26277e54.png

I don't see any option to go across both screens. On Windows, I know to make sure the app is in window-mode, and spanning both screens, then trigger full screen at that point but on the Chromebook it doesn't want to span both screens and it just "snaps" to either screen. 

Thanks for the Chrome extension, I'll give it a go and update this post with the results.

Regards,
Christian 

I've just looked at "Multi monitor" using the HTML5 Receiver in Chrome - is that what the Chrome extension allows? I don't know if it's still the case today, but we could only get the HTML5 receiver working externally, because we only access via NetScaler from the outside. For devices already on our network, we bypass NetScaler and hit Storefront. We could not get HTML5 working on StoreFront.