Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Workspace App unwanted lines in Windows 11

John Salvo

Question

Citrix Workspace App 2112  ( 21.12.1.4030 ) on Windows11 x64

I have just got a Dell Windows11 personal laptop and installed Citrix Workspace App on it.

Used Workspace App for a day yesterday with default settings on themes, graphics card setting ( e.g. let Windows choose either integrated or discrete GPU), etc.

All OK.

Then I changed a few things earlier, such that :

• Changed the default themes in Windows11
  • Changed "Make everything bigger" to 110% custom size
  • Changed apps ( including Workspace App ) to use the discrete NVidia GPU instead of the discrete Intel GPU

Anyway, what ended up happening is that there are now white lines appearing slowly inside Citrix Workspace App. This happened in both full screen or windowed.

Best way to describe this is through a video that I captured below ( can't attach as it exceeds the max size ) :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRCrv9cJREegQOQWQsQ6jhc565Y?e=YTVbiB

I'll try to undo some of the changes I made above to see which of them triggered these white lines.

4 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, John Salvo said:

Citrix Workspace App 2112  ( 21.12.1.4030 ) on Windows11 x64

I have just got a Dell Windows11 personal laptop and installed Citrix Workspace App on it.

Used Workspace App for a day yesterday with default settings on themes, graphics card setting ( e.g. let Windows choose either integrated or discrete GPU), etc.

All OK.

Then I changed a few things earlier, such that :

• Changed the default themes in Windows11
  • Changed "Make everything bigger" to 110% custom size
  • Changed apps ( including Workspace App ) to use the discrete NVidia GPU instead of the discrete Intel GPU

Anyway, what ended up happening is that there are now white lines appearing slowly inside Citrix Workspace App. This happened in both full screen or windowed.

Best way to describe this is through a video that I captured below ( can't attach as it exceeds the max size ) :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoRCrv9cJREegQOQWQsQ6jhc565Y?e=YTVbiB

I'll try to undo some of the changes I made above to see which of them triggered these white lines.

I undid all the changes I made :

• Let Windows decide with GPU to use for Workspace App
  • Changed the custom size back too 100%
  • Changed back to the default theme in Windows11

( Restarting for each each of the change ) ... and the white lines shown in the video still there.

Just to clarify:

Workspace App 2112  ( 21.12.1.4030 ) on Windows11 x64 is used to connect to a Windows10 virtual desktop via storefront.

The changes that I mentioned above were done on Windows11 client, not on the Windows10 virtual desktop.

And for comparison .. I have been using Citrix Workspace App 21.1.0.14 for Linux and connect to the same Windows10 virtual desktop via storefront ... and there are no whitelines on the virtual desktop. I will try using the latest Citrix Workspace App for Linux ( 21.12.0.18 ) as well to see the same problems occur on the Windows10 virtual desktop.