Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Organising multiple displays

Kjetil Fleten

Question

I have three displays to my computer. I want to launch Citrix on two displays, and keep the third for local applications like chat and softphone. When I launch Citrix Workspace from my browser, Citrix takes all three displays. I can't find any settings to enforce two displays only ? If I press the "Window" button in the top, the menu icon change to "Full-screen". When I press that, I get one display with Citrix, and two displays with the local computer. So, I have found out ways to get either one or three displays in my workspace, but not two. I'm using "icaclient_21.12.0.18_amd64.deb" on Ubuntu 20.04. Any suggestions ? 

2 answers to this question

Hello,

I have the same habit. Here is how I proceed:

1. I click "Full Screen": the Citrix session then becomes a regular window
  2. I move this window so it sits on both monitors, e.g. the left half of the window on monitor #2 and the right half on monitor #3
  3. I click "Full Screen": the Citrix session goes full screen over these monitors

Important: for this to work, your WM (Window Manager) must support _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS (source: https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-workspace-app-for-linux/troubleshooting.html#session-span ). My usual WM does not so I switch to kwin whenever I launch Citrix.

• Like 1