Welcome to our new Citrix community!

On -premises Delivery Controller point to Hybrid license in Citrix Cloud possible?

Robert Versteeg1709152290

Question

Situation:

Two companies with Citrix licenses made a deal with Citrix and they aquired Hybrid Citrix Cloud Licenses. I can register the on-premises License server in Citrix Cloud but it seems it will not hand-out a hybrid-license for sessions.

Is it possible to only have Citrix Hybrid Workspace licenses in the cloud, all backend servers (Del Contr, SQL Storefront etc) on-premises and use the licenses from the cloud? 

Install Cloud Connector maybe? But how do I point the Delivery Controller to the licenses in the cloud?

2 answers to this question

Hi,

As far as I know you cannot point an on-prem CVAD setup to a licens server in Citrix Cloud, you will still need an on-prem license server.

It sound like the two companies have acquired Citrix Cloud licenses with hybrid rights, which means that you are allowed to license on-prem Citrix resources with Citrix Cloud licenses.
Citrix has more information about the subject here:
Transition and Trade-Up (TTU) with Hybrid Rights | Licensing 11.17.2 build 37000 (citrix.com)

• Like 2