Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix Studio Device Collection no add Maschine

Marc-Alexander Graumlber

Question

HI,

after Upgrade XenDesktop and PVS to 2112. I cloud no add Maschine to a Maschine Catalog anymore. When i try to add maschines with the Wizard in Studio I get an error Message.

Here are the Error Message: Cloud not load file or assembly'PvsUtlity', Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Maybe someone can help me?

Thx a lot.

9 answers to this question

Just to let you everyone know: I successfully used this fix today as suggested by OP but it only worked when I followed all 3 following steps:

1. Quickly (temporary) install the 2112 version of PVS server components (= only the basic next-next installer without any config) on some temporary server.

2. Copy PvsUtility.dll and CDFNet.dll from this temporary 2112 PVS Server to the Server running Citrix Studio into the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Citrix\Desktop Studio" (I tried copying them from an older existing PVS server => it does NOT work !)

3. REBOOT the server running Studio that you just copied the 2 files to. (I tried without the reboot => it does NOT work !) 

Thx to OP for sharing the fix

• Like 1
On 12/21/2021 at 11:55 AM, Marc-Alexander Graumlber said:

I found a solution copy PvsUtility.dll and CDFNet.dll from PVS Server on the Studio Server C:\Program Files\Citrix\Desktop Studio.

What version was your PVS server? I tried your solution (these files did not exist no the studio server) but the I get another error message...

On 2/28/2022 at 6:17 PM, Andy Vanderbeken said:

Just to let you everyone know: I successfully used this fix today as suggested by OP but it only worked when I followed all 3 following steps:

1. Quickly (temporary) install the 2112 version of PVS server components (= only the basic next-next installer without any config) on some temporary server.

2. Copy PvsUtility.dll and CDFNet.dll from this temporary 2112 PVS Server to the Server running Citrix Studio into the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Citrix\Desktop Studio" (I tried copying them from an older existing PVS server => it does NOT work !)

3. REBOOT the server running Studio that you just copied the 2 files to. (I tried without the reboot => it does NOT work !) 

Thx to OP for sharing the fix

This solution solved the problem for me