Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Disappearing mouse pointer 21.12.0.32 (MacOS)

Daren Peacock

Question

Tech Preview with a fix is available for testing:

Citrix Workspace App 2201 Technology Preview for macOS
https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/betas-and-tech-previews/workspace-app-tp-for-mac.html
Fixed issues in 2201:

• When you select the candidate text from the Input Method Editor (IME) composition window using the left or right arrows in the keyboard, the input cursor does not move accordingly. This issue occurs when you launch a desktop with the Use local keyboard layout, rather than the remote server keyboard layout check box is selected in the Preferences window of Citrix Workspace app. This issue is observed only in the Chinese and Japanese language.  [HDX-34965]
  • The mouse pointer disappears intermittently in Workspace apps sessions and you are not able to click anything. [HDX-36820]

Please provide your feedback about this Early Access release: https://podio.com/webforms/22969502/1632225

• Like 1

I have been having this problem of disappearing mouse since updating Citrix Receiver on Mac OS Monterey.

This happens, regardless if I am using Skype or not. It is quite annoying.

It appears to happen when I use a Microsoft application.

It just happen again when I opened a  word document for editing.

It regain the pointer I need to disconnect and connect again.

Update: I see that if I switch to another virtual desktop in Mac Os, do something there and then switch back to the Citrix Viewer, the mouse pointer appears for a short while but then disappears again.

Edited by Andre Skarzynski
Update, found something new.

I've noticed a few different descriptions of "disappearing mouse" reports on Macs after upgrading to CWA for Mac 2112 (some have seen similar in earlier releases.) Different workarounds seem to have variable impacts. in no particular order:

give the mouse a wiggle

toggle between full or seamless and windowed then back again

reset workspace

uninstall/reinstall CWA

downgrade to 2108 or 2109.1 if MacOS version is supported 

There is at least one known bug id being worked by Engineering, a private is available for testing (open a support case), and my understanding is this is targeted for inclusion on the next release: CVADHELP-18577 

On 12/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jennifer Knapp said:

Tech Preview with a fix is available for testing:

Citrix Workspace App 2201 Technology Preview for macOS
https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/betas-and-tech-previews/workspace-app-tp-for-mac.html

I'm also experiencing this issue with 2112 and would like to try the tech preview, but when I follow the instructions and go to Preferences > Advanced, I'm missing the entire 'select the update channel' setting.

Am I missing something?

I tried this with 2112 intalled, but have now rolled back to 2111.

I've had the same issue after upgrading to Workspace 2112 on a Mac Mini M1 with Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1 with two identical 24" DELL monitors. The remote machine is a virtual Windows 10 running on VMWare ESXi6.7 with remote PC VDA 7.15 CU3. Haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when I lose the pointer but my method of getting it back is to simply move thw mouse upwards until the Mac top menu bar is displayed. Then simply left click in that and the mouse pointer is back.

I have just installed the 2201 preview and will report back with the result.

i can report the same issue has arisen since the latest citrix update on my imac (big sur/x2 monitors) and makes the citrix workspace almost unusable. The only work around is to have a large blank word file open alongside on same monitor and then flick over to this and click to recover visible pointer every 10-30  secs