Welcome to our new Citrix community!

mouse pointer invisible

Stefan Katletz

Question

I just upgraded to Fedora 35 (Gnome 41.2, Wayland) and Citrix Workspace app 2112 for Linux (ICAClient-rhel-21.12.0.18-0.x86_64.rpm)

Now when I log into my company's Citrix (Windows Server 2012R2) the mouse pointer is invisible unless I change the scheme to "Windows inverted". Unfortunately this doesn't work with some applications (e.g. Excel).

Is this a bug? Are there workarounds? When will it be fixed?

Thanks,

Stefan

5 answers to this question

On 12/13/2021 at 11:14 AM, Stefan Katletz said:

I just upgraded to Fedora 35 (Gnome 41.2, Wayland) and Citrix Workspace app 2112 for Linux (ICAClient-rhel-21.12.0.18-0.x86_64.rpm)

this seems to be related with the Fedora 35 update. I tried several older versions of the ICAClient, same problem!

Is this a bug? Are there workarounds? When will it be fixed?

On 12/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, Boby John1709155536 said:

Navigate to the $HOME/.ICAClient/wfclient.ini configuration file.

Go to [Thinwire3.0] section and set the following entry:

InvertCursorEnabled=True

This was already enabled (at some point I deleted all of $HOME/.ICAClient and let it restore the default configuration). Setting it to False completely removes the mouse pointer. The only workaround I found is to use the Mouse Scheme „Windows Inverted“ in the client.

So I now see the mouse pointer in the Windows client, but it still disappears when I move the mouse over the Citrix pop down menu at the top of the screen. Clearly the ICAClient is not compatible with Fedora 35/Gnome 41.2/Wayland any more.