Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Cannot Edit Citrix Cloud SAML 2.0 Configuration

Marcus Arvestal

Question

Hello,

I followed the article CTX312150 to set up SAML 2.0 with Azure AD. In step 3 Authentication context is set to Unspecified Minimum, but I realized later that it should have been Unspecified Exact.

Once the configuration is saved it cannot be changed, it only allows me to view the configuration. When I try to disconnect I get an error message There was a problem disconnecting from SAML.

I'm stuck at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.

Br,

Marcus

5 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem as Marcus and Giovanni. I can't edit, delete, or change my SAML2 connector in any way. I need to reconfigure this connector and don't have the ability to create another connector either. This is the only solution that works for my use case so it would be helpful if somebody could help us find a fix. Thank you so much!

Hi Citrix Cloud/SAML admins

At present it is not possible to edit existing SAML connections as you have already noted.  It is necessary to disconnect and reconnect in order to make changes. This has always been the case.

I shall raise your concerns with our authentication Product Manager now but the difficulties you are experiencing have already been identified and improvements are being made.

Please keep an eye on https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-cloud/citrix-cloud-management/identity-access-management/saml-identity.html

New child articles containing enhancements to SAML functionality will appear here as they become available in Citrix Cloud. Expect some improvements to asisst you in the near future once a new SAML feature is released to Citrix Cloud production.

Regards Mark Dear
Customer Quality Engineer.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:29 AM, Marcus Arvestal said:

Hello,

I followed the article CTX312150 to set up SAML 2.0 with Azure AD. In step 3 Authentication context is set to Unspecified Minimum, but I realized later that it should have been Unspecified Exact.

Once the configuration is saved it cannot be changed, it only allows me to view the configuration. When I try to disconnect I get an error message There was a problem disconnecting from SAML.

I'm stuck at this point. Any help would be much appreciated.

Br,

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Were you able to successfully disconnect SAML once you deselected it within Workspace Config --> Authentication?  You cannot disconnect an active IDP when Workspace is using it. If after changing to another IDP such as Active Directory you are still unable to disconnect SAML then I suggest you raise a support case and I will have a call with you to asisst you and debug live. You should be able to remove SAML connections that are NOT in use. If you cannot I would be happy to help.

Please attach a screen shot of the error when you attempt SAML disconnection if you encounter it again.

Regards Mark