Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error when upgrading to 13.1 - cmp parameter -policyType CLASSIC -externalCache YES

Blair Muller

That's the global compression parameter that sets whether compression IS using the classic engine or advanced (default) engine as in the past it would switch back and forth.  So, once you are on 13.1, this wouldn't be a valid switch with classic engine being deprecated.

The parameter is mostly deprecated and won't take the "basic" value anymore.

On 13.1, the parameter of PolicyType is no longer present in the help.

It will still take the value set cmp parameter -policyType advanced as valid, but there no longer is support for set cmp parameter - policyType basic.

Either omit the line completely OR omit this one parameter and keep the externalcache enabled (though I believe that is default anyway).

CMP is using advanced engine only on 13.1

However, the reality is, I don't think you can upgrade from 10 to 13.1 directly (from a firmware in place standpoint without hitting an interim build or two). If its just applying a config file to a new 13.1 instance, it still might be messy and it might be safer if you went to 13.0 and then switch remaining classic features to 13.1 when there is in fact a chance for mapping any remaining options, then do a final convert to 13.1.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

That's the global compression parameter that sets whether compression IS using the classic engine or advanced (default) engine as in the past it would switch back and forth.  So, once you are on 13.1, this wouldn't be a valid switch with classic engine being deprecated.

The parameter is mostly deprecated and won't take the "basic" value anymore.

On 13.1, the parameter of PolicyType is no longer present in the help.

It will still take the value set cmp parameter -policyType advanced as valid, but there no longer is support for set cmp parameter - policyType basic.

Either omit the line completely OR omit this one parameter and keep the externalcache enabled (though I believe that is default anyway).

CMP is using advanced engine only on 13.1

However, the reality is, I don't think you can upgrade from 10 to 13.1 directly (from a firmware in place standpoint without hitting an interim build or two). If its just applying a config file to a new 13.1 instance, it still might be messy and it might be safer if you went to 13.0 and then switch remaining classic features to 13.1 when there is in fact a chance for mapping any remaining options, then do a final convert to 13.1.  

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSER  
JUST FOR CLEARE THE UPGRADE WAS FROM 13.0 84.11 NOT FROM 10
 MY MISTAKE