Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix for Blackbaud - Can't start workspace

Tim McPherson

Question

Blackbaud Raisers Edge has two interfaces: RE NXT and Database View. While in RE NXT, I click to enter Database View, and it should open. It depends upon Citrix to run. It prompts me to download and install Citrix Workspace Version: 21.11.0.28 (2111). This I have done. However, when I attempt to open a Citrix workspace, Citrix prompts me to set up an account. According to Blackbaud, I shouldn't need to do this, and they can't get me beyond that screen. My IT department says they aren't blocking anything and I do not need any access information from them.

How do I utilize Citrix as it is meant to be used with Blackbaud RE NXT?

I'm using a MacBook Pro, 16-inch, 2019 with macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2 (20G95)

Tim

1 answer to this question

On 12/4/2021 at 3:36 AM, Tim McPherson said:

Blackbaud Raisers Edge has two interfaces: RE NXT and Database View. While in RE NXT, I click to enter Database View, and it should open. It depends upon Citrix to run. It prompts me to download and install Citrix Workspace Version: 21.11.0.28 (2111). This I have done. However, when I attempt to open a Citrix workspace, Citrix prompts me to set up an account. According to Blackbaud, I shouldn't need to do this, and they can't get me beyond that screen. My IT department says they aren't blocking anything and I do not need any access information from them.

How do I utilize Citrix as it is meant to be used with Blackbaud RE NXT?

I'm using a MacBook Pro, 16-inch, 2019 with macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2 (20G95)

Tim

Hi Tim,

Your organization wants you to use Web Browser to access Citrix. After Citrix Workspace is installed on your machine, you need to use the same URL from Web Browser (Safari or Chrome), enter your credentials and then try to launch resource from Web Browser. It will open up some Citrix process and you should be able to get to your work.

Thanks,

Arpit