Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Stuttering CAD-Applications and general performance questions when using Nvidia-enabled graphics VM with CVAD

rusz-technik

Question

Hello forum,

i have an azure-vm with nvidia tesla m60, but my graphic performance when using citrix workspace app is very poor. I´ve installed the newest nvidia driver from microsoft (as suggested). The average framerate in my CAD-Application is also very low (2-4 frames) and stutters horribly. Compared to an RDP-Session the performance of Citrix is perhaps the same. I played around with the Citrix-Policies, now i´ve managed to enable a quite good videoperformance when playing back YouTube (1080p is fine without stuttering and choppiness).

dxdiag shows the Tesla M60 as the main graphics adapter, but it seems that it is never used. It seems that the Citrix-IDD is used. How do i check 100 percent that the dedicated graphic card is used in my session? Could i just delete the Citrix-IDD adapter?

Where should i also look at?

EDIT: I also found out that the Remote-PCs are having the same issues, even when i´m sitting right in the same network. I just tested this with a new PC (with a Quadro P2200) 

Thanks

1 answer to this question

On 11/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, rusz-technik said:

Hello forum,

i have an azure-vm with nvidia tesla m60, but my graphic performance when using citrix workspace app is very poor. I´ve installed the newest nvidia driver from microsoft (as suggested). The average framerate in my CAD-Application is also very low (2-4 frames) and stutters horribly. Compared to an RDP-Session the performance of Citrix is perhaps the same. I played around with the Citrix-Policies, now i´ve managed to enable a quite good videoperformance when playing back YouTube (1080p is fine without stuttering and choppiness).

dxdiag shows the Tesla M60 as the main graphics adapter, but it seems that it is never used. It seems that the Citrix-IDD is used. How do i check 100 percent that the dedicated graphic card is used in my session? Could i just delete the Citrix-IDD adapter?

Where should i also look at?

EDIT: I also found out that the Remote-PCs are having the same issues, even when i´m sitting right in the same network. I just tested this with a new PC (with a Quadro P2200) 

Thanks

Hello, 

When you have your Citrix session opened, open Task Manager, click on Performance tab and there you can see GPU utilization.

You can then test accessing this URL https://carvisualizer.plus360degrees.com/threejs/ and look if you nVidia GPU is used.

Thanks

Arnaud