Jump to content
Welcome to our new Citrix community!
  • 0

Teams in RemotePC how to deactivate hdx optimize mode


Stefan Wendrich1709160263

Question

Hello,

i have a win 10 1909 remote pc mit VDA 2109 and Teams 1.4.00.29469. If i work directly with the pc, teams is always running in optimized mode. (But teams doesnt show under version, that is running in hdx optimized mode)

 

Why i know that is optimized? Because video calls are not undocking and all is running as a single application.

Removing and reinstalling Teams doesnt fix it. Have someone any ideas, how to get teams working normal?

Link to comment

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, Sjoerd Van den Nieuwenhof said:

When you install VDA 1906.2 or newer it automatically sets optimization:

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/multimedia/opt-ms-teams.html#enable-optimization-of-microsoft-teams

 

When optimized HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\HDXMediaStream\MSTeamsRedirSupport is set to 1, set it to 0 and optimization is disabled. 

 

 

i tested the key and restarted teams. But the behavior is the same.

Link to comment
  • 0
8 hours ago, Stefan Wendrich1709160263 said:

 

i tested the key and restarted teams. But the behavior is the same.

 

You are running into a known limitation.

Your statement "Teams is running optimized when i connect locally" is incorrect, but I know what you meant (that Teams user experience is different).

I suggest you uninstall the VDA, uninstall Teams, reinstall Teams, and only as a last step you install the VDA again.

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

 

I suggest you uninstall the VDA, uninstall Teams, reinstall Teams, and only as a last step you install the VDA again.

 

 

I tried it. After removing the VDA and reinstalling Teams, it works. Teams feels normal. After installing the VDA 2109 again, the issue is like before.

Is this a known issue in the VDA 2109, or in Teams? At the moment, my Teams version is 1.4.00.29469

 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 11/17/2021 at 7:49 PM, Fernando Klurfan1709153904 said:

 

You are running into a known limitation.

Your statement "Teams is running optimized when i connect locally" is incorrect, but I know what you meant (that Teams user experience is different).

I suggest you uninstall the VDA, uninstall Teams, reinstall Teams, and only as a last step you install the VDA again.

 

 

Any news here? i have teams version 1.5.00.2164 running and the issue still persists.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...