Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix ADC Reboot loop

Marcel Zunnebeld

Hi, we have an issue with our ADC. If I add a 2nd node (HA setup), and set the RPC password on both nodes:
set ns rpcnode <ip1> -Password
set ns rpcnode <ip2> -Password
The second ADC will reboot and enter a reboot loop. (The rpcpassword is the same as the password for nsroot).
A newly created VPX will not have the problem until it is added to the HA setup. The primary NetScaler also only comes up after a reboot loop of 5 reboots.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? In the nsrestart.sh I see the following: Netscaler restarting due to critical failure or explicit restart

The problem is in version 13.0.82.42 but also in 13.0.83.27

And we don't use AppFlow.....

Thanks in advance!
Marcel

Hi Bart,

It turns out that the problem is not in the RPCNode passwords but in a Syslog Auditing policy 
As soon as I add these lines, and then perform a sync, the secondary node goes into the reboot loop:

add audit syslogAction styx.<domainname>.com styx.<domainname>.com -logLevel ALL -dateFormat YYYYMMDD -acl ENABLED -timeZone LOCAL_TIME -userDefinedAuditlog YES -appflowExport ENABLED -lsn ENABLED -alg ENABLED -subscriberLog ENABLED -dns ENABLED -ContentInspectionLog ENABLED -sslInterception ENABLED -urlFiltering ENABLED

add audit syslogPolicy "Styx Syslogger" ns_true styx.<domainname>.com

bind system global "Styx Syslogger" -priority 100

Disabling the appflow logging also makes no difference, the secondary server goes into a reboot loop.

If this server (Styx Syslogger ) and the policies are removed, the VPX will reboot normally. So the cause is somewhere in this policy. 

Hi,

we have same issue with our ADC in latest version 12.1 build 63.22, when we exec synchronization or failover, 2nd node enter in a reboot loop.

After the suggestion to remove lines related to syslog auditing policy, no more problem of endless reboot.

I guess we are facing a bug, before the version upgrade we had no problem.

Hi!
It does indeed appear to be a bug. But also in the 13.0 version.
We didn't have the problem before version 13.0-82.42, after that we did.

Specifying the auditing server by IP solves the problem. I can check all logging without getting the problem. Problem solved!!
(as soon as I change server IP to Server Domain Name the problem is back).
Thanks for the tip!!

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Stefan Wendrich1709160263 said:

we have with server ip the same issue... no solution yet.

Stefan, I am trying to diagnose a similar issue. Do you happen to have both "-ServerIP" and "[IP_Address]" in the syslog policy or just the IP address? 

add audit syslogAction [syslog_name] -ServerIP [IP_Address]

or is it

add audit syslogAction [syslog_name] [IP_Address]

(no -ServerIP switch used)

##########

13/04/23  - After speaking with support they confirmed the  -ServerIP switch is not required so long as the IP address is being used. Still investigating my issue.

Edited by Daniel Espana
spoke with support