Welcome to our new Citrix community!

MCS plugin for Nutanix AHV - password expired in Citrix Studio

Gwyn Williams1709162899

Question

CVAD 7 2106
Nutanix AHV plugin for Citrix XenDesktop
Both installed on August 2nd and configured shortly aferwards
Using MCS Machine Catalogs

I had a problem last week. In Studio, the Power State of all VMs was 'Unknown', and when the user logged off a VM, the machines was shut down but didn't come back up. So I got messages from users saying that they could launch their sessions, due to there not being any spare machines to use.

There have been no recent changes on the Nutanix side or on the DDCs.

I put the Hosting connection in Maintenance Mode, and then when I tried to take it out of MM I got an error saying that the password of the user had expired. It's actually the main 'admin' account that I've been using, and I was still able to use that to log in to the Prism UI no problem. Anyway, I went to edit the Hosting connection so that I could re-enter the same details but I still got the error.

In the end I had to create a new local user in Prism, and use that as the user in the Hosting connection instead. Which wasn't a big deal since I had planned to do this anyway as best practice. But I'd like to know why this happened, and whether it is likely to happen again with this new user in the future. I'm mindful that this problem happened roughly 90 days after the first configuration, so I wonder if that's relevant here.

The problem was similar to this (except for the fact that we use Nutanix AHV instead of VMware, and there were no reboots involved):

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX238157

Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet