Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SQL account in Virtual Apps and Desktops Setup 1912

Mark Dieken

Question

I am going through the setup of a new site for Virtual Apps and Desktops 1912.  I do not see where you can specify the SQL account information.

I am not using SQL Express but a full SQL server account.  Can anyone tell me how to specify this?  Do I have to install using powerscript or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

2 answers to this question

Hi,

No SQL service account is needed with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop, each individual delivery controller is granted access to the databases. The user performing the delivery controller install, will need a certain set of permissions on the SQL server, if that is not possible to have the setup wizard create a SQL script for someone with the right permissions to execute on the SQL server.

You can find more information about database creation here:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/technical-overview/databases.html

Permissions:
https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/technical-overview/databases.html#permissions-required-to-set-up-databases

• Like 1

Windows authentication is required between the Controller and the databases. A Controller can be unplugged or turned off without affecting other Controllers in the site. This means, however, that the Site database forms a single point of failure. If the database server fails, existing connections continue to function until a user either logs off or disconnects. For information about connection behavior when the Site database becomes unavailable, see Local Host Cache.

My CC Pay