Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Skype for Business on Monterey 12.0.1

Ben Herbertson

Question

I currently run Big Sur and I'm thinking of upgrading to Monterey. Are there any known issues with Skype for Business? Citrix Workspace app 2111 for Mac is compatible with MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 but HDX RealTime Media Engine for Microsoft Skype® for Business hasn't been updated since Jul, 2021. Nothing is listed in the known issues section for Workspace but there was an email back in August recommending not to upgrade until a new HDX is released.

2 answers to this question

I have this exact same issue.  2109.1 works fine.  Every Workspace update after that allows only Zoom VDI or Skype HDX to run.  It is like they are fighting for a single virtual channel or some other resource.  I just tried Beta 2201 and it has the same issue as well.  The performance and screen optimization improvements are noticeable in the post-2109.1 revs so I'd prefer to run a later version but this is forcing me to choose Zoom or Skype Video/Audio or downgrade to 2109.1.  

BTW, I have both an Intel MacBook Pro and an M1 MacBook Pro.  Both behave the same way, noted above.

Please help!

Thanks.