Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Content Switching: Outer loop: cookie is

Cuong Nguyen Duy

On 11/10/2021 at 3:50 AM, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

You might get better responses if you describe app (web, outlook, other) and share your content switching rules and if any other policies like responder are in effect at either the cs or lb level.

The screenshot is unreadable for me.

Dear Ehonda,

I have created 2 cs vserver for app Oracle WebLogic

CS vserver 1 HTTP: persistence NONE and using policy Responder for redirect http to https:

policy: HTTP.REQ.IS_VALID 

action: "\"https://\" + HTTP.REQ.HOSTNAME.HTTP_URL_SAFE + HTTP.REQ.URL.PATH_AND_QUERY.HTTP_URL_SAFE" -responseStatusCode 302

and not bind lbvserver

CS vserver 2 SSL: persistence NONE and responder policy for + URL and policy CS(for future):

policy:  "HTTP.REQ.URL.EQ(\"/\")" REDIRECT_DVC_FRONTEND_ACTION RESET

action:  REDIRECT_DVC_FRONTEND_ACTION redirect "\"https://\"+ HTTP.REQ.HOSTNAME.HTTP_URL_SAFE + HTTP.REQ.URL.PATH_AND_QUERY.HTTP_URL_SAFE + \"frontend\"" -responseStatusCode 302

bind -lbserver: HTTP 0.0.0.0 0 -persistenceType COOKIEINSERT -timeout 0 -cltTimeout 180

I tested and discover that occus when use content switching and not occus when use LB

Thanks

• Like 1

You're roughly describing your responder policies; but there still is no detail about what content switching content you've defined, but there are a few things to check.

If it works with load balancing (and same responder policies); but it fails with content switching, the likely issue is a missing content switching rule and unhandled content.

Some generic things to check.

You may want to define a "default" destination on the cs vserver and see if content is being caught by it as unhandled traffic. Or Run a nstrace. Either may help you see if your cs rules are missing content hits.

Or check your responder/cs policies for any "undefined" hits in addition to regular policy hits.  

Maybe confirm that cs vserver persistence is not enabled; and persistence is being handled by the lb vserver.

OR try with the cs persistence (which overrides cs policies), which ensures all traffic goes to single destination. Usually this is not needed; but I can't say enough about your weblogic dependencies to know for sure.  (May also "fix" an issue caused by missing cs policies.)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rhonda Rowland1709152125 said:

You're roughly describing your responder policies; but there still is no detail about what content switching content you've defined, but there are a few things to check.

If it works with load balancing (and same responder policies); but it fails with content switching, the likely issue is a missing content switching rule and unhandled content.

Some generic things to check.

You may want to define a "default" destination on the cs vserver and see if content is being caught by it as unhandled traffic. Or Run a nstrace. Either may help you see if your cs rules are missing content hits.

Or check your responder/cs policies for any "undefined" hits in addition to regular policy hits.  

Maybe confirm that cs vserver persistence is not enabled; and persistence is being handled by the lb vserver.

OR try with the cs persistence (which overrides cs policies), which ensures all traffic goes to single destination. Usually this is not needed; but I can't say enough about your weblogic dependencies to know for sure.  (May also "fix" an issue caused by missing cs policies.)

Hi Rhonda,

Thank for your information

I will try that

Note: The only difference between LB and CS is that scrips: Outer loop: cookie is ... appears and everything is accessed normally

Thanks