Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Adding new machines to a catalog

Bill Gruber

Question

I'm trying to write an API query to create new machines via MCS to Citrix Cloud.  My attempts so far have failed, is this possible?  I see where you can add existing machines to a catalog, but nothing for creating new machines.  I've not been able to find any examples or much info on machine creation via API, has anyone successful done this yet?

2 answers to this question

On 11/1/2021 at 9:00 PM, Bill Gruber said:

I'm trying to write an API query to create new machines via MCS to Citrix Cloud.  My attempts so far have failed, is this possible?  I see where you can add existing machines to a catalog, but nothing for creating new machines.  I've not been able to find any examples or much info on machine creation via API, has anyone successful done this yet?

Yes you do that 

Request URI: https://api-us.dev.cloud.com/cvad/manage/$batch?async=true
Method: POST
Request header: {"Authorization":"***","X-CC-Locale":"en","Citrix-CustomerId":"{customerId}","Citrix-InstanceId":"{siteId}"}
Body: {"Items":[{"Reference":"0","Method":"POST","RelativeUrl":"/MachineCatalogs/{NameOrId}/Machines","Headers":[{"Name":"Authorization","Value":"***"},{"Name":"X-CC-Locale","Value":"en"},{"Name":"Citrix-CustomerId","Value":"{customerId}"},{"Name":"Citrix-InstanceId","Value":"{siteId}"}],"Body":"{\"MachineAccountCreationRules\":{\"NamingScheme\":\"MachineName##\",\"NamingSchemeType\":\"Numeric\",\"Domain\":\"domain.local\",\"OU\":\"\"}}"}]}

A method: In the Studio UI ->Logging Node, there is a Tab of "APIs", you can try to create new machines via MCS, then there is API log to show how to call it.