Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Active/Passive GSLB Differences

kabobb29

I have two sites built out as active/passive.  I want to view the configuration differences between the sites, but this is large scale production.  I do not wish to apply a GSLB sync during the day (or at all) without first reviewing the configuration differences.  

I have read that issuing the command sync gslb config -preview will allow me to view the commands needed to synchronize the sites.  I am extremely hesitant to run this command.  I believe that the -preview switch will prevent changes from being made, but want to be absolutely certain.  I also need to make sure I can output this to a file so that I can review the deltas, and speak on them with management and the customer.  Can someone enlighten me and put my mind at ease?  

Hi Carl,

I have exported the ns.conf files of the VPXs on both sites, run compare-object in powershell to extract the differences, exported the deltas into .xlsx format, then formatted it so it's easily legible, however I do not know a way to (in a reasonable timeframe) come up with the expected differences vs the differences that need to be set.  I guess what I'm ultimately asking is:  if I run "sync gslb config -preview" will that initiate a synchronization or will it simply give me a preview of what commands the VPX expects to run in order to synchronize the two sites, and does it display that output/save it somewhere that I can go get it?  

38 minutes ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Another option is Traffic Mgmt > GSLB > Dashboard. On the right is View GSLB Configuration. Download from both appliances and do a text comparison.

Hi Carl,

I have exported the ns.conf files of the VPXs on both sites, run compare-object in powershell to extract the differences, exported the deltas into .xlsx format, then formatted it so it's easily legible, however I do not know a way to (in a reasonable timeframe) come up with the expected differences vs the differences that need to be set.  I guess what I'm ultimately asking is:  if I run "sync gslb config -preview" will that initiate a synchronization or will it simply give me a preview of what commands the VPX expects to run in order to synchronize the two sites, and does it display that output/save it somewhere that I can go get it?  

1 hour ago, Carl Stalhood1709151912 said:

Another option is Traffic Mgmt > GSLB > Dashboard. On the right is View GSLB Configuration. Download from both appliances and do a text comparison.

Hi Carl,

I guess ultimately what I'm looking for is, how can I take configurations from each VPX at each site, and find out what needs to be applied in order to make them congruent?  

• 3 months later...