Welcome to our new Citrix community!

2109 VDA - Application not connecting to Audio Devices

Daniel Dunn1709158952

Question

Hi after updating from 2106 an application called Bighand we use for listening to audio files has stopped working

on the RDS we use for the master image we install some Bighand components to enable Bighand to communicate with the local devices.

When we listen to an audio file it says something is wrong with the Bighand components and to install them.

Ive tried reinstalling them, and also disabled adaptive audio

It might be one for the software maker but is there anything else we could try?

thanks

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

I *Think* you need to specifically DISABLE the Virtual Channel Allow list (i believe that it's descriptions are wrong, and you do need to actually disable it) - this is just for testing of course, once you figure out the channels, add them to the allow list as per article above :)

Thanks, I did wonder, it said it was disabled by default!  I specifically tried disabling it but it still didnt work.

I added the channel name and the path to the application in the allow list but its still not working yet

Getting these events in the System events:

error - 14 - Custom virtual channel BHA5 cannot be opened by process [Not available]

error - 16 - ddunn tried to open custom virtual channel BHA5

Thanks for helping, I might need to log a support case

1 hour ago, James Kindon said:

I *Think* you need to specifically DISABLE the Virtual Channel Allow list (i believe that it's descriptions are wrong, and you do need to actually disable it) - this is just for testing of course, once you figure out the channels, add them to the allow list as per article above :)

Its hard to work out when the policy setting applies, it seems to be after I've rebooted the VDA although I might be wrong.

After setting the policy the errors in eventvwr dont show anymore, but then it still doesnt work.

I have found though that Zoom VDI which was broken starts working again, I see now that an entry will be needed for that

6 minutes ago, James Kindon said:

the process on finding the correct pattern seems to be somewhat awkward to be fair....

I found a good blog post explaining it and added some more Zoom VDI channels to allow

https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2021/10/14/virtual-channel-allow-list-now-enabled-by-default/

It doesnt seem to also need the path name, just the channel name works.

I have cases with Bighand / Citrix so will report back on findings!