Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Drag and drop works only once..

Joey Verlinden

Question

VDA: Windows Server 2016 with CVAD 2106

XDDC: Windows Server 2016 with CVAD 2106

Client: Workspace App 2102

We've got a weird issue with drag and drop to a Citrix from the local endpoint to a Published App. This works only once. If i want to do a second drag/drop it doesn't work anymore. If i do a simple copy/paste (ctrl-c/ctrl-v) into the published app the drag/drop starts working again for only one time. After this second drag/drop i have to do a copy/paste again to get drag/drop working again.

It's a kind of a loop. Looks like this:

1: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App

2: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App does not work anymore

3: Ctrl-v/Ctrl-c a file from the local device to Published App

4: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App

5: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App does not work anymore

6: Ctrl-v/Ctrl-c a file from the local device to Published App

7: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App

8: Drag/Drop a file from the local device to Published App does not work anymore

Also when we connect to the full blown desktop and open the application in it, we have the same issue. But, drag and drop data to de desktop of the published desktop works always.. I hope someone understands my issue ?.

Any idea?

2 answers to this question

On 10/5/2021 at 5:30 AM, Martin Meier said:

Sounds like a problem with the app? Can you test with another published app?

Yes, costed me some time to figure out. The APP is the problem. I've downloaded a clipboard monitor tool to verify. There's a specific part in the app that the users need to copy/paste. When i copy this the clipboard monitor shows: Unknown file/type format. If i copy random text from the application settings (a normal window like all applications can show) does work as plain text. So, yes, the app is the problem. But it's still strange that i can copy the tekst (which was shown as unknown) in an citrix hosted excel/notepad and not the local one.