Welcome to our new Citrix community!

You might be having an issue with a Citrix virtual driver (WI). Contact your system administrator for further assistance. v2108

Chris Schrameyer

Question

Logging into a 2019 VDA published desktop w/ workspace app 2108.  If we attempt to launch an app or desktop from there that is published via workspace app, we get this error:

You might be having an issue with a Citrix virtual driver (WI). Contact your system administrator for further assistance.

We reverted back to 2106 and it seems to have resolved the issue.  I haven't seen anything online about this.  I don't know what the (WI) is referencing.  Anyone run into this?

wi error.jpg

1 answer to this question

On the affected server. Can you browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Configuration\Advanced\Modules\ICA 3.0

and send me the output of the  VirtualDriver and VirtualDriverEx reg entries. 

VirtualDiverEx is usually empty unless you have installed some third party software with a custom virtual channel but VirtualDriver should be similar to this: Thinwire3.0,  ClientDrive, ClientPrinterQueue, ClientPrinterPort, Clipboard, ClientComm, ClientAudio,  LicenseHandler, TWI,ZL_FONT,ZLC,SmartCard,Multimedia,ICACTL,SSPI,TwainRdr,UserExperience,VDTUI,DVCAdapter,GenericUSB,MobileReceiver,Sensor,Multitouch,VDIME,WebPageRedirection,TeamsRedirection,PortForward,NSAP,GDT,DND,FIDO,WIA

looking at your error message, I suspect that you're missing the letter A from the end of WIA. 

Cheers,

Graeme