Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Citrix launch is blocked

Matei Ignat

Question

Hi,

My Citrix is not working anymore after installing, at the VDI owner suggestion, of version 1912 instead of 21.

Since that moment, none of those versions worked - .ica files are created, but not launched.

I have uninstalled and deleted all Citrix traces several times and ran out of solutions.

As I can log through other laptops, I guess there is some kind of conflict on my computer.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Perhaps you have encountered a similar issue to one I'm experiencing. I have a case open with Citrix Support. I've encountered an issue on an end user's machine (running latest Windows 10 feature release 21H1) where selfservice.exe crashes immediately. I've used cleanup tool and manual cleanup, tried to install older version, no change. In the event viewer in Windows Logs -> Application I see the following:

Faulting application name: SelfService.exe, version: 21.9.1.4031, time stamp: 0x6156cfdf
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4340.0, time stamp: 0x5ff76842
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00017e33
Faulting process id: 0x2ef4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c6f358e22c12
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: d3b51cf2-cf39-4093-9c02-b0c9a82465fc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

So i am not going crazy!!! it does have something to do with windows 10 update! Thank you!!

So with this being said, I am going to assume that I will need to reimage my computer using an older version of windows and then roll back the update on the others.

This is going to be an absolute headache, not to mention time consuming as .... ?

8 hours ago, Brian Simmons1709163026 said:

Perhaps you have encountered a similar issue to one I'm experiencing. I have a case open with Citrix Support. I've encountered an issue on an end user's machine (running latest Windows 10 feature release 21H1) where selfservice.exe crashes immediately. I've used cleanup tool and manual cleanup, tried to install older version, no change. In the event viewer in Windows Logs -> Application I see the following:

Faulting application name: SelfService.exe, version: 21.9.1.4031, time stamp: 0x6156cfdf
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4340.0, time stamp: 0x5ff76842
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x00017e33
Faulting process id: 0x2ef4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c6f358e22c12
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: d3b51cf2-cf39-4093-9c02-b0c9a82465fc
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

7 minutes ago, Brian Simmons1709163026 said:

I installed the workspace beta, it worked, then used the cleanup utility down in the workspace program files folder (instead of the downloaded one). Uninstalled via programs and features. then installed version just before current one. it worked. allowed it to update to current and its working now. I hope this helps.

I am going to try this! *fingers crossed* i have about 8 upset physicians!

3 minutes ago, Brian Simmons1709163026 said:

Not sure if going to 2108 is necessary, might be able to go straight to 2109 after cleaning up / uninstalling 2110 beta

I was double checking. I did not see any crashing in the logs at all.  they can login to get to the storefront, but when they click on the desktop it attempts to open the ICA file and nothing happens. The files are not blocked, and I know it is calling thee workspace app to open the file because if i stop all workspace app tasks and click on the ICA file it will restart the workspace app. What really sucks as that there are no errors or logs to look at to find out exactly wth is going on and its maddening. its affecting all Windows 10 21H1 build 19043.1288  I cant really put a ticket in because its not "my" software.