Welcome to our new Citrix community!

New MCS master image from existing master image

LSN

Question

Production MCS image specs for Non persistent VDI pool:

OS-Windows 10, compute- 2vCPU and 8GB. Now the requirement is to create a new MCS non persistent VDI pool with-4vCPU and 16GB RAM. 

Below is the plan:

1. Clone the existing MCS image, rename it and edit compute to 4vcpu and 16GB. Any special config required on the cloned image-, something like sysprep and will the new image be added to the same domain as existing.

2.Snapshot the image- create new machine catalog and delivery group.

3.Create a new AD security group followed by VDI provisioning to end users.

Please let me know if I miss any important piece of information or anything need to be done so the existing image and VDIs will not be impacted with cloning.

7 answers to this question

Thanks Carl. 

Once the clone is complete, Do I need to create a AD computer account for the new image in the same OU as existing and add it to domain? Or the computer account is created automatically during clone process

We want to manage it separately- for instance we patch the images every month and the new image will also be part of the patch cycle. So I need to open the image for patching and seal it to update the catalog. 

Do I really need to sysprep the cloned image and I believe MCS has inbuilt sysprep mechanism?

We just started working on the above task. I've powered off the source master image and cloned the image to created a new one and everything looks fine. However, on vSphere console I see that both the images are sharing the same DNS name. Is that going to create any issues?