Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Workspace 2108 only allows Skype HDX or Zoom VDI (Apple Silicon M1)

Scott Bonk

Question

Issue:

I updated to Citrix 2108 and the installation initially breaks the Skype HDX connection - shows Skype Not Optimized.  Zoom VDI, at this point, works fine.  Reinstalled Skype HDX and it starts working but Zoom VDI no longer connects.  I uninstalled Skype HDX and Zoom VDI starts working again.  I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling, Zoom VDI, Skype HDX and Workspace 2108.  Same result.  

On Workspace 2107 on the M1 and Intel machines, everything worked just fine.  I tried the steps above on another Apple Intel MacBook Pro (Big Sur 11.5.2) - same issue as noted.

Background:

Apple Macbook M1

Big Sur 11.5.2

Zoom VDI 5.7.0 (ARM)

Skype HDX 2.9.4 (Intel)

Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--Scott

1 answer to this question

Solution Below:

I just installed the 2109 Beta running in the same configuration noted above with one major exception.  I have macOS Monterey Beta 6 installed.  Performance with Monterey while running Workspace 2107 was the same for me as macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 - No Issues.  2108 also performed exactly the same under Monterey Beta 6 as Big Sur - Zoom VDI / Skype HDX problem noted in my original post.  

That said, 2109 under Monterey Beta 6 functions normally for me.  No issue noted with Skype HDX or Zoom VDI.  I made NO configuration changes, I did not reinstall Zoom VDI or Skype HDX.  Everything worked like a typical Citrix update.  I do not know what changed to un-break this situation but am happy to have the latest software revisions running.  The performance improvements over the last few updates are noticeable, especially the improved video resolution.