Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Unable to Uninstall Citrix Receiver from MacOS

Kendal Goodrich

Question

I have a physician that recently replaced their laptop with a MacBook Pro with MacOS Big Sur 11.4. The tasks he completes requires Citrix Receiver to be installed and we have run through the task of installing Citrix Receiver 12.9.1. According to the installer, it successfully installed, but nothing runs or launches like it should that requires the Receiver. I would like to uninstall Citrix Receiver and start fresh as I think something may be corrupted, but the uninstall errors out. I am attaching a screenshot of the error along with the log file caption. It states something to do with "Failed to unload kernel extension com.citrix.kext.gusb". I have tried everything I can think of. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I am also including a picture of the message I get when trying to launch a citrix app after the Receiver is installed.

Thanks,

Screenshot.jpgScreenshot2.thumb.jpg.8bce5bf2b87ca100dc7b6662d878b896.jpg

2 answers to this question

Tejus,

Thanks for your response. Citrix workspace was installed at one point and I still had the issue above about "No Application Set To Open URL". That is what prompted me to want to uninstall ALL Citrix components and start fresh. I was able to uninstall Citrix Workspace, but received error when trying to uninstall Receiver. The error on uninstall leads me to believe that something is not right or corrupt. Why would I be getting this error and be unable to uninstall the receiver and how can I correct the issue?