Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Best practice guide for end users

LSN

Question

Hi All,

I think this is the right place to ask this question. I have been asked to prepare a best practice guide that can be provided to end users so that they can follow the guidelines to have a better citrix VDI/app experience. Since we're in a pandemic most of our users are still working from home and use their personal devices. A best practice guide will help them have a better citrix experience that can potentially avoid login, VDI/app launch issues.

I listed the below down and please let me know what else can be added or anything to be removed, please.

1. Reboot/shutdown the local machine at the end of working day or before logging on to citrix.

2. Delete browser history, cache and cookies.

3. Reset citrix receiver or workspace on local machine should the VDI or app is not launching.

4.Do not stream Netflix or YouTube videos on the local machine or on any other device at home if the internet connection is being shared.

5. Log off from the VDI at the end of the working day. (Just to avoid extended log on times- we've a log off policy set to 2 hours but we still disconnected sessions running beyond 2 hours and next day some users report the VDI is not launching, so had to force log off or reboot the stuck session)

6.Try to change the network connection between wifi/mobile hotspot should a network or VDI slowness issue arise.

Anything that seems invalid or to be added, please?

1 answer to this question