Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Error deploying App layer - Status not deployable

Colin Dupre

Question

Hello there

I have successfully added an O/S layer (Windows 10 20H2) in my vSphere environment (7), but when I try and add a Platform or Application layer, I get the attached error in the Console window for the VM. 

In the Layering Management Console the Platform or Application just says 'not deployable'

I am using this in our Vmware Cloud on AWS instance

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Citrix error.JPG

Citrix1.JPG

6 answers to this question

HI Rob

I cloned the gold image and removed the disks, then added this template to the connector.

However I am getting the same error as above, and in the running tasks the Description is 'Waiting for the Compositing Engine machine to be ready'

Thanks

Colin

HI Rob

I am  watching the console of the VM and it does not have an IP address. When I go to the options for the VM the NIC is present, but it is disconnected.

The VM and appliance are on the same VLAN, and it has DHCP, and i added a Firewall rule to allow 3260 on the Gateway firewall

The issue is definitely that it does not have an IP, when I cancel the operation and run an IP config from the command line, it does not have one

Thanks

Colin

HI Rob

So for some reason what seems to be happening is the NIC is starting in a disconnected state, when I was trying to connect it, it gave a generic vSphere error.

If I change the VLAN and connect it, it works, then I changed it back to the VLAN I want and it stays connected.

I then just re-ran the Citrix API exe and it connects and works...

Strange behaviour, and I will need to investigate further, but as of now it works with a bit of tweaking

Thanks

Colin