Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Newly installed Workspace App Not showing Desktop Shortcuts until refresh occurs

Christopher Grider

Question

Moving from Receiver 4.9 CU3 and installing Workspace App 1912 LTSR.  Installing from Command line with the following (/includeSSON /PutShortcutsInStartMenu=false /UseCategoryAsStartMenuPath=false /SelfServiceMode=false /AutoUpdateCheck=disabled EnableCEIP=false).  However when users first log into desktop with new Workspace App Client, they not getting there Desktop Shortcuts. 

If you open workspace app it seems to do a refresh and then the icons appear on your desktop.  Not very convenient... , so the question is does anyone know how to get the desktop shortcuts to appear with a new install of workspace app without forcing a refresh or launching the workspace app manually at least once??  Must be missing something :)...

1 answer to this question

I had this same issue.  After much troubleshooting and working with Citrix support, I found the following info that resolved the issue for me:

Solution

1) Make sure the following registry keys are present:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Citrix\Dazzle
RefreshMs = 3600000
InitialRefreshMinMs = 1
InitialRefreshMaxMs = 1

2) Use Receiver GPO to enable Prelaunch if it is required

From this CTX article

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX239186

Basically, Workspace App handles auto logon/Pass-Through Authentication differently than Receiver.  We don't use Pre-Launch, so I only had to create the Reg Keys mentioned in the article.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1