Welcome to our new Citrix community!

SmartControl without EPA

Hey guys,

anyone experience with SmartControl (without the use of EPA)? Trying to achieve the following:

• put users authenticating with user-cert (corporate device) in an default authentication group and using this as a filter for an ica action / policy to enable client drive redirection
  • if there's no user-cert (BYOD) nfactor is doing fallback to MFA, using this as a filter for an ica action / policy to block all client drive redirection

During testing I noticed the way of how ica policies / actions got processed is different from other policies and very strange - for example in most way both policies got a hit but that's not correct as I'm filtering the same group membership vice versa - I also tried other filters like "true" for the disable policy, so the enable policy is able to overwrite, if the user connects with cert, however, it's not working as I thought it should, I'm confused. Attached my config - any ideas? tested with 13.0 67.43 and the latest 82.42 one.

Thanks and Regards

Julian

nsconfig smartcontrol CLI.txt

If you test your profiles just one at a time, do the profiles enable/disable what you want?

The trick is whether this is a policy profile/priority issue or something else.

I would try just a vpn test with all one smartcontrol and then the other smartcontrol, first. 

Then just a simple groupa vs groupb test.

Then try the complex scenario, if you wanted to isolate the testing.

Will try to look at settings later to confirm if anything else obvious is occurring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello julian,

must implement the same scenario:

1. put users authenticating with user-cert (corporate device) in an default authentication group, then hide it via SmartAccess Desktop
2. if there's no user-cert (BYOD), then don't hide it.

It is important that I want to avoid EPA plug-in for now.
Thanks for tips ?

Dim

On 7/14/2021 at 8:00 PM, Julian Jakob said:

Enabling is working fine - but disabling as the default action for the rest of all users is not working as expected.
I managed to get this to work with SmartAccess - not SmartControl.