Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Connecting to the Provisioning Services takes long time and time out

Ole Christian Schmidt

Question

From time to time we have an issue with PVS Target Device stopping at "Connecting to the Provisioning Services. Please wait..."

Sometimes it stops here for several minutes and finaly goes futher with the login, but  sometimes it times out.

image.thumb.png.3252b7a9deea6699253967a811a3570e.png

PVS Streaming is happening on dedicated network, so no firewalls involved (Windows firewall is disabled also).

I have run a Whireshark capture where I see that TFTP is working, but stops when finding / connecting to login port.

image.thumb.png.971e6fe60ea7f4c47a1ba1c0355c4e79.png

Need help to solve this.

3 answers to this question

It appears from the network trace that the target is sending out the first packet after the bootstrap is loaded server is responding but for some reason the target is not receiving it and it waits for 5 seconds tries again until it gives up.  Not sure where the traces are taken from but it appears that the packets are not getting to the target or the target can not receive it for some reason.   It also appears that one did get through to the target then the next packet failed.  If this trace was taken form the server side then I would try to get it from the target side if possible, depends on the hypervirsor being used or switch.

17 hours ago, Carl Fallis said:

It appears from the network trace that the target is sending out the first packet after the bootstrap is loaded server is responding but for some reason the target is not receiving it and it waits for 5 seconds tries again until it gives up.  Not sure where the traces are taken from but it appears that the packets are not getting to the target or the target can not receive it for some reason.   It also appears that one did get through to the target then the next packet failed.  If this trace was taken form the server side then I would try to get it from the target side if possible, depends on the hypervirsor being used or switch.

The trace was taken for the server side. I will try to get a trace from target side (XenServer)