Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Clipboard Functionality

Karsten Niepold

Question

Is it possible to exchange OLE objects between Windows Client and Citrix server and to join different apps like Excel and Word with one another using OLE-technology directly?

Example: I want to insert a Microsoft Office Excel-sheet from the Windows Client into a Word-document which is on the Citrix Server.

Using  "paste special" the correct excel-filter is not provided in the context menu. I can choose only bitmap formats but I will loose Excel functionality.

Work around: if I first paste the Excel selection into another Excel app on the Citrix Server, copy it there again to the clipboard, it will be inserted as a Excel OLE object into the Word document.

Is there a way to skip this work-around? Is there any hope it will work with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU3 or adjustments according to

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/policies/reference/ica-policy-settings.html?

We use WIN 10 with Office 365 as client and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR CU2 (older, outdated). 

Please let me know if it works in general.

Thanks

Karsten

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet