Welcome to our new Citrix community!

nslookup issue with release 12.1 62.23 and 12.1 62.25

Yousaf

hello everyone 

we have 3 physical appliances  and 4 VPXs were running on 12.1 build 55.18 

since we upgraded into 12.1 build 62.23 we have noticed a very weird issue our vpn users are not able to nslookup hostname or nslookup ip anymore

this was observed when we upgraded our first appliance,

so then we tested all the rest of ADCs which are not yet upgraded and we confirmed all are working fine , vpn users are able to nslookup internal DNS servers without issues 

and then we upgraded the second ADC and performed the nslookup tests , and we saw that it get also the same bug/issue as the first ADC we upgraded 

anyway, since the last release was to mitigate a security issue we had to keep going and patch all our ADCs

and now we are receiving too many complains because we do have a department who depends a lot on dynamic dns and keeps testing and checking dns records with nslookup

and since the users are working remotely so basically they are connected to VPN gateway .. and now they can't perform their work anymore 

however I opened a ticket with Citrix and I'm just confused how come they are not aware about this issue/bug now ?

we built a new test ADC with an old firmware and everything is working fine with old FW , but not with 12.1 62.25 

anyone is having this issue? anyone is on this version, if you are connected to vpn could you please test nslookup ip or nslookup hostname ? 

are you able to resolve host names in your internal network ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 1:19 AM, Dominik Soika1709157132 said:

same here we have downgraded again, also some applications were not working.....

we did the upgrade from 12.1.60.19 to 12.1.62.25 and nslookup was not possible...

Hi Dominik , 

I have been told by Citrix support there will be a new release soon :(

they are aware about dns issues with the release they have published recently 

so lets hope it will not take time to release the fix.

Best regards 

• 3 weeks later...

I have upgraded from 12.1 62-25 to 12.1 62-27 and the issue still persists with NS lookups. 

When on the SSL VPN - We have issues with getting to SQL servers, which was perfectly fine before the upgrade to 12.1 62-25 E.G IF you wanted to go to a SQL instance by specifying the instance name (SQLSERVER\Instancename) the connection fails. 

If you go to the SQL server name without \instance name on the end, you can connect without issues. I am guessing the issue with UDP traffic still persists. 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/downloads/release-notes-12-1-62-27.html (NSHLEP-23770)

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2021 at 10:25 AM, John Limb said:

I have upgraded from 12.1 62-25 to 12.1 62-27 and the issue still persists with NS lookups. 

When on the SSL VPN - We have issues with getting to SQL servers, which was perfectly fine before the upgrade to 12.1 62-25 E.G IF you wanted to go to a SQL instance by specifying the instance name (SQLSERVER\Instancename) the connection fails. 

If you go to the SQL server name without \instance name on the end, you can connect without issues. I am guessing the issue with UDP traffic still persists. 

https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-adc/downloads/release-notes-12-1-62-27.html (NSHLEP-23770)

Hi John

Have you had any luck yet with this? as we are experiecning the exact same issues, on 12.1.62.27

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...